JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been reloading 7.62x39 for a few years. I find it to be "somewhat" consistent in manufacture (brass and steel) so I normally don't have troubles reloading it. Recently I got a hold of some 762 brass that reads GECO and 7.62x39. I've been de-capping and sizing it along with Winchester, FC, you know the usual suspects. All the brass slides in and out of my case length gauge without problem...except the GECO. Not only does it not want to fit flush in the gauge, an eighth of an inch won't go in! 10% of the GECO will fit fine, the rest will not. Now it does seat OK in my AR47, but I'm still uncomfortable and won't take a chance on loading it. Thoughts? Anybody else have this problem? Nearest I can figure, it maybe German made.

GECO is one of Europes largest ammo manufacturers ... they have been building ammo since 1899.

Their brass tends to be a bit thicker near the base than other brands. Get a small base size die, which is not a terrible idea when loading for an autoloader.

You can sometimes get a bit more sizing by running the brass through the sizer, rotate the case 180-degrees and size again.

Edited to add:

Make sure your press is "cammimg over" to ensure you are getting the maximum sizing from your die.

Is your shell holder the same brand as your die? If not that can make a difference.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads