JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started loading 9mm on my pro 1000 and I cannot get the case feeder to work properly. It works flawless when loading 40 smith&Wesson cases.
From what I can see is that the case advancer on the slide is taller than a 9mm shell case, see pic one, a 40S&W case sits just above it. See pic two.
I have tried adjusting the height with a coin but to no avail.
Just for the record I will not reply to those of you say who say I should get a Dillon, don't even go there.
I have not found anything constructive from boobtube as of late, thoughts for a remedy?

PIC 1

4BF99AFE-5DE3-4B89-8955-BA26B89FC2AE.jpeg

PIC 2

C669EC86-B65A-42BC-92B4-C8B6F073CEE7.jpeg

I would order a new one to use for 40 cal, and mill the old one down for 9mm.

What caliber was the press originally set up for? If you have converted it, you would probably need the slider that goes with the caliber. Otherwise, there's a bunch of guys who 3D print case-specific sliders. They are on Amazon and eBay.

What caliber was the press originally set up for? If you have converted it, you would probably need the slider that goes with the caliber. Otherwise, there's a bunch of guys who 3D print case-specific sliders. They are on Amazon and eBay.
yep, here:

I had an early Pro 1000, that I had problems with, but mine were all priming issues. Primers would flip. would not feed or would feed multiples. After swearing at it, sending it back to lee, and still having issues. I changed to feeding primed cases. From that time on I had no other issues. That was in the early 80's. One of my sons is still loading on it.
Once you work out the bugs its a good machine. I believe in the late 90's they changed the primer feed, so fingers crossed you have the later model. DR

I bought it used and it was set up for 300 blackout.
Ah, the pusher is too tall. Sounds like one of the various 3D-printed pusher sets might be in order. I believe that one of the makers is a member here (has not posted in awhile), but is in the process of moving. I asked him to post his stuff up when he is settled in, so that he can sell directly and avoid the Amazon/eBay fees. He also makes accessories for the blue brand, and Hornady, I believe.

I had an early Pro 1000, that I had problems with, but mine were all priming issues. Primers would flip. would not feed or would feed multiples. After swearing at it, sending it back to lee, and still having issues. I changed to feeding primed cases. From that time on I had no other issues. That was in the early 80's. One of my sons is still loading on it.
Once you work out the bugs its a good machine. I believe in the late 90's they changed the primer feed, so fingers crossed you have the later model. DR
I have always had my cases prepped and primed before they hit the loading press, saves a lot of hassles and my pull down container is less full now.

Have you seen the new triangular primer tray and feed? Have one but have yet to try it.

BTW, some years back, I sent my '86 Pro-1000 to LEE for updating. They added a crushed case sensor, new shell plate and various other small parts. N/C.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top