JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I have bought a 1895 Co. brass scope for my Henry golden boy 45-70. I had this scope for about a year put about 100 shots through the gun with no issues. Now the scope is only useful at 2 to 3x zoom. Images completely blurred at 1,4 and 5X. Paid good money for the scope. Is this fixable?

IMG_1871.jpeg IMG_1872.jpeg IMG_1873.jpeg IMG_1874.jpeg IMG_1875.jpeg

To me, good customer service tells you more about a company than all of their expensive advertising. Call their CS and explain the problem and take pictures if they want them. Most of them, when you are calm and polite, will bend over backwards to fix your problem. Leupolds are expensive but their QC is top notch. Wish that all companies thought the same way.

Let us know how it works out for you. GL

Never heard of this company before.

Do they 'make' their own scopes or use someone else's and just add the colored bands & caps or just reselling some imported?

Reason being the prices of the scopes seem fairly low for what they are, and the website does not create the impression of a company that manufacturers scopes.

Scopes, if chosen as an accessory device, should be of a known, name brand with a proven track record.

Last Edited:
I've seen too many China cheapo scopes fog up, fall apart, or fail. It's not worth the hassle.
Get a USA Leupold. Or at the minimum, Japanese Weaver, or Japanese made scope.

I totally get the old adage of spending 50% of the rifle value on a scope.
$400 savage, get a $200 Leupold.
$800 Henry lever gun, get a $400 Leupold.
$1200 Steyr-Tikka-Ect, get a $600 Leupold.

I know it seems like a lot of money, and it is, but an optic should not be a disposable item that you scrimp on. The optic should last the lifetime of the rifle. It's worth spending more to get the reliability and longevity.

I've seen too many China cheapo scopes fog up, fall apart, or fail. It's not worth the hassle.
Get a USA Leupold. Or at the minimum, Japanese Weaver, or Japanese made scope.

I totally get the old adage of spending 50% of the rifle value on a scope.
$400 savage, get a $200 Leupold.
$800 Henry lever gun, get a $400 Leupold.
$1200 Steyr-Tikka-Ect, get a $600 Leupold.

I know it seems like a lot of money, and it is, but an optic should not be a disposable item that you scrimp on. The optic should last the lifetime of the rifle. It's worth spending more to get the reliability and longevity.
For the most part I think you're spot on. Where we differ is that I would spend an equal amount on the glass/mounts as on the rifle, or more! I have one $900 rifle wearing $1700 glass and at least $100 in mounts.
You can put great glass on a mediocre gun and wring out it's full potential. Put cheap glass on a great gun and it will never be any better than the cheap glass.

For the most part I think you're spot on. Where we differ is that I would spend an equal amount on the glass/mounts as on the rifle, or more! I have one $900 rifle wearing $1700 glass and at least $100 in mounts.
You can put great glass on a mediocre gun and wring out it's full potential. Put cheap glass on a great gun and it will never be any better than the cheap glass.
For sure. I was saying that's the bare minimum.
I've got $350 Leupold on a $200, .22.
And $1000 ACOGs on $800 ARs.
It's great when you can actually clearly see your target!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top