JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When loading on a Dillion press, the worst part is filling primer tubes. I came across a new primer tube filler doing a search and ended up ordering one I just got my Purple Primer eater in the mail today. They say to make a few mods to the dillon tubes but had to try it before I did the mods and I loaded 5 tubes with zero problems.....looks like a winner. The guy is making these with a 3d printer.

Primer Filler

Here is where I came across it....

Primer filler

I made one from a spare Lee Autoprime tray/cover and some J-B Weld.

With a drill bit the same size as the Dillon pickup tube open up a channel so the tube can be placed in alignment with the hole that primers slip into. Wax the end of the tube with some Johnson's Floor Wax or Neutral Kiwi Shoe Polish. With the tube inserted in the channel you created, J-B weld it in place. To help keep the tube aligned you can insert a drill bit in the primer pickup tube, one that just slips in without damaging the inner surface.

I used one of the old "Round" trays that I had lying around. If you have to buy new, the square ones are somewhat different and need to be modified. J-B Weld is great for this. $6 for the tray and $3 for a cover makes a nice inexpensive primer tube filler.

To vibrate, just hold against the vibrating "tumbler" bowl lid while running.

When loading on a Dillion press, the worst part is filling primer tubes. I came across a new primer tube filler doing a search and ended up ordering one I just got my Purple Primer eater in the mail today. They say to make a few mods to the dillon tubes but had to try it before I did the mods and I loaded 5 tubes with zero problems.....looks like a winner. The guy is making these with a 3d printer.

Filler video

Here is where I came across it....

Primer filler

dood your link didnt work for me on youtube. so I typed in purple primer and got this Product Review Red Earth Purple Primer - YouTube

Not sure how this loads primers in a dillon

tlfreek, not sure what happened with the link but I fixed it. Abiqua, thanks for posting it before I got back.

deadshot2, I tried the same method that you used, common instructions all over the net but could never get one to work consistently.....tried it twice. Tried to get a Vibra-prime like a friend had, but being no longer made about the only place you can find them is Ebay and then they end up going for over $150. Very happy with this unit, well made and comes with the vibrator :s0131: and the Lee tray. Going to load 1K of 5.56 today and I will see how long it takes to fill 10 tubes.

It's the "give it a shake now and then" that stops me from running out to buy one. I want one that speeds up my tube loading with no frustration on my part.
Currently, I drop my primers in the Dillon flipper tray (that doesn't really flip very well) and pick up all the ones that are shiny side up. Then I put the lid on and flip the tray and pick us the rest of the shiny side up primers. It at least stops the "shake it until that last little bugger flips over" time.
Wish the Dillon worked better and only cost about $100.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top