JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am really starting to get into optics! I started off with the extreme budget red dot from Amazon. I
have slowly worked my way up from budget/lower price optics to mid-high tier optics. I am a big fan of Aimpoint, Holosun, and Trijicon optics but I am always open to new optics. I am always looking for a quality product at an affordable cost. Which brings to me Primary Arms! I have never owned one of their optics but I really like the sight picture you get with their ACSS reticle. In comparison to say a Holosun or even an Aimpoint how would you rate Primary Arms when it comes to their optics Good, Bad, in between? I'm debating picking one up just to try it. Thanks for the feedback!

I think PA is fine for red dots. There is no such thing as a good cheap scope.

I stopped buying PA after a bad experience with soft metal screws that deformed under normal torque. Who has time to send products back for warranty repairs. IMO Holosun is better than PA. I still have a couple of Holosun dots. The 507 and 510 are excellent.

I have both expensive and inexpensive optics. And unless you work for Blackwater, or you're doing push ups with your gun and throwing it in a pond or whatever people do on YouTube a PA dot should be fine for 99% of applications.

On par with holosun, likely made in the same slave labor camp.

Aimpoint absolutely destroys both.
More like Vortex, the lower end stuff in pure Chicom crap, moving up a little is the Philippine made stuff and the platinum series is made in Japan.

As far as comparing an $130 Primary Arms SLx to a $7-800 Aimpoint Micro, there is no comparison. Day light brightness sucks, battery life sucks, but then the Aimpoint price sucks. Bottom line, if your life depends on it get an Aimpoint.

Budget optics are simply that.

I wouldn't waist the money. But I also am not a firm believer in holosun/cheaper optics like many others.

Never tried their red dots, a Sig Romeo5 XDR is my cheap dot.

I do like the ACSS reticle in their scopes.
I had a 1-6 Slx scope and have had a 1-8 Slx for a few years with no real complaints.

The Slx line is China made.
Glx is Philippines or Malaysian.
Plx has Japanese glass, not sure where it's assembled, probably China.

I was looking at the Plx 1-8's but if I replace it won't be with another LPVO.
And for that price I would just get a Kahles 1-6 for a bit more if I did another one.

Got one of their original red dots from way back. Still rocking the same battery. Had many of their optics over the years. Their 22or 6x with the bullet drop has to be one of my favorite scopes. I usually always have one. Their Platinum line is supposed to be really good stuff. The guy designing their reticles listens to customers feedback and uses their input to build newer designs. Primary Arms listens and builds products due to customer input. Warranty is pretty good. I really like their 1x prisms. Got a few of those and they work amazingly well for what they cost. I would definitely recommend them.

SLX = made in China
GLX = made in The Phillipines
PLX = made in Japan

Each tier is more costly and gives better optical performance.
I've had really good luck with their Prismatics and the ACSS reticle is very, very good. Recently bought a used SLX 1-6 that IMO is very clear and sharp.

Planning on buying new GLX & PLX in the future and used any series. Hate sending money to our greatest enemy and in the case of used am not contributing to that.

I don't tend to buy firearms and scopes on the expensive side because because to me it's all consumable tools, and if I have to save up to replace it then it's too expensive to use. Same with fishing tackle or anything else.

It all depends on your intended use. If you're wanting a combat-ready rugged optic or something with the clearest and highest quality glass possible, I would spend the extra cash and get a higher quality one that is proven in that arena. If you're wanting a functional sight that maintains zero and works for casual use (safe to range and back to safe), a lower cost optic is fine. Regardless what you choose, I would still also get BUIS so you are able to aim if the optic fails. I like to get prism optics with etched reticles for exactly that reason - even without functioning electronics I can still hit what I'm aiming at.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top