JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Note to all... I am not calling anyone out here on this thread...

Lets not have this thread derail into a "Trump is great versus a Trump sucks" shouting match.
One can articulate both the good and bad of this ( and any ) administration without causing a divide between members...it just requires:
A little thought and facts behind each post
Being able to be receptive and respectful of the another's ideas or views
A reminder of rule #1...Be excellent to each other.
Be that as it may .....
This thread is about President Trump and his military options for North Korea....nothing else.

Thank you,
Andy
Why do you think he started this thread Andy?

Chief Ambassador Nikki Hayley was interviewed yesterday and said that while any negotiations between the North and South would be great, there are many many more steeps to move forward before the U.S. would back down threats of action, trade sanctions, and money supply. She went on to say that the U.S. would NOT be negotiating any thing with N.K until N.K. agrees to total disarmament of the Nukes and the entire program! She says that it will take many years of good faith on the side of N.K! She also says that N.K. will not be getting any where with any negotiations as long as Lil Kim keeps making threats, keeps testing, and keeps up the rhetoric!

I don't think NK is going to willingly disarm on American terms, Barry and Hillary saw to that. Libya gave up their WMD program during W's administration in exchange for normalizing relations with the US. The hope was this model would be followed by nations like Syria, Iran, and North Korea. A few years later HRC engineered the Libyan civil war and collapse of Libyan government and attempted the same for Syria. North Korea no doubt took notice and this is most likely why they've actually accelerated their program as much as they have. Barry's coup in Ukraine may have helped that along, too. The suspicion exists that a cash-strapped Ukrainian rocket engine manufacturer (having severed ties with Russia) sought funds by selling rocket technology to NK.

Uhhh, excuse me but,...
Who made the first nuclear strike threat?

It's kinda like the bully-boy at the school bus stop, pushing the kids around.

The bully boy clinton gave the stick to.
And Bush ignored.
And then obama appeased his only ally, Iran, refused to pressure China, and ignored him some more. While he threatened our allies and trade partners in SE Asia.

But then he gets reminded someone else has a bigger stick, and is willing to use it if he doesn't stop his threats. So, he shows up the next day wanting to talk instead of pushing people around.

Successful presidents of the last 65 year have done what Trump did, and never fired a shot.
Ike, JFK and Reagan all come to mind for using this tactic, and very successfully.
It's not about starting WWIII, it's about getting the bully-boy to see reality.

And someday in the not-so-distant future, I'll wager we'll need to do the same again, only with Iran.
Here's hoping that president has the fortitude to do it again.

The President of the United States shouldn't get into pissing contests with leaders like Kim. I mean come on....my nuclear button is bigger? That's sad.

What if this had gone wrong? Is nuclear war something you think should be decided by a twitter post? An online argument? And please tell me what other President threatened to nuke another country?

That's not fortitude, man. That's craziness.

That's not fortitude, man. That's craziness.

stepping back from 'who' say what, can we entertain the concept there are different ways people talk to each other, and even with the same words, sometimes the 'hearer' interprets considerably different message than the 'speaker' intends;

there's tons of stuff written about 'meta communication' etc over the last 40 years, which added to a large difference in political opinions along with very different cultural background, that confuses exactly what/how any message can be 'decoded';

My theory is the NorKo dictator clan has not understood the message to this point.

The pretense that the perfumed hankies of diplomatic theory is the only effective means of arriving at suitable compromise, is like all else in 'world diplomacy', mere speculation and personal opinion.

NorKo has cheated and lied and failed to follow their own 'diplomatic agreements' over over half a century, all without nukes. How is their abrasive behavior going to improve WITH nukes and buttons?

Assigning meaning and effectiveness on the world stage as necessarily requiring congruence with personal opinion is doomed to failure. We've had 30 years of whimpering and sniveling and paying thru the nose of US taxpayers to beg for some form of behavioral compliance that simply has. not. worked. And that's AFTER the 'Korean Conflict' which never did produce resolution.

The UN solution didn't work there either.

Why do you think he started this thread Andy?
It does not matter why I think the thread was started...what does matter is what and how things are said in reply to the thread and posts in it.

My second post , the one that was quoted , was just a reminder to all here to stay on the thread topic...
President Trump and his military options for North Korea .
Andy

This thread is about to get nuked....
I did not want the thread to get into a debate about President Trump...
The topic is :
President Trump and his military options for North Korea...
Stay on topic!
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads