JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Dude! he was running right for the button and we had to hold him back! Pinky swear.

Nothing in any of those crap articles says anything about holding him back. Do not give these guys links, pageviews or ad revenue.

Clickbait.

No offense to the OP, but on the internet and social media, people post complete crap and other people swallow that complete load as the gospel truth and then continue to perpetuate the load of crap. Posting a thread title like that and then the only source is some hack newspaper article is certainly not going to get me to believe it.

No doubt that we could easily take out NK either via nuke strike and/or ground invasion.
I believe that the main problem lies in the logistics of putting that country back together afterwards. China sees that as a huge liability. They don't want the expense of doing that yet they don't want a reunified Korea with US influence sharing a mainland border. Also keep in mind that after decades of mental programming from the successive dictatorships, it will take at least one or two generations before the NK population normalizes to current world societal and economic standards. Rebuilding NK as a nation would require help from nations around the world. China does not want that rapid influence in their backyard.

China has rather explicitly said they would only hold their hand if the little sawed off square head goose stepper lit his bottle rocket first. Anything else is a provocation to and contrary against the interests of China. Neither China or Russia want a west leaning county on their borders so they tolerate him and his police state. Both fought on the NK side in 1950 and there is no reason to think they wouldn't again.

So he's a despot. There have been and are lots of them. I say we feed him imported Swiss cheese till he gets diabeetez, pear shaped and an early death from coronary heart disease.

... Neither China or Russia want a west leaning county on their borders so they tolerate him and his police state. Both fought on the NK side in 1950 and there is no reason to think they wouldn't again.

There is plenty reason, actually. The Chinese economy relies heavily on the US, without it they basically collapse overnight. Losing the business of Walmart alone would be devastating, for example. This was not the case in 1950 but it certainly is now.

Presently, Russia's trade with South Korea is worth 40x as much as Russian trade with North Korea. Why does one never see any current Russian hardware in North Korea today, like Su-30's or T-90's? Sure it's partly because the Norks can't afford it and have a poor history for debt repayment but it's also because Russia doesn't wanna sour relations with a far more profitable partner. Heck, Russia has pitched their fighter planes to South Korea in recent years.

Buy the Little Rocket Man off. Sounds cowardly towards the USA but you do not fix a small problem with a big hammer. Just send him some more rice and grain.

Then while the little guy is watching the $big hand out$ lots of stuff may happen far beneath the water line. Out of sight, out of mind until it is too late. Final.
But we've been doing that for decades. NK saber rattles, then everyone pays them off. 2-5 years go by and they are at it again.. The cycle needs to end and their people need to be liberated.

Eventually something needs to happen. It could be after the dictators death.. but if they keep pressing Japan with missle launches, something will have to be done. Sanctions do nothing since China simply supplies them with everything anyway.

And we have seen, what, Three Oil Tankers captured supplying Oil to N.K. and two of the three were from China and One from Iran. doesn't that say something about China honoring it's agreement with sanctions against N.K!:mad::mad::mad: The underlying issue is China IS supporting N.K. regardless of what the rest of the world says about the sanctions against N.K! THAT is telling, and TRump needs to take China to task for that with more then harsh tweets and empty threats!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I say we design a small drone about the size of a golf ball. Fit it up with a camera, facial req software, some hooks and an ounce of C4. Fly it over there and let it cruise around until it locks on to the little bastard. Once lock is achieved, it'll fly over stick to his face and detonate the C4. Poof! Problem solved. If anyone in China or Russia pitches a bubblegum then program another unit and let it fly.

$.02

RKBA

I say we design a small drone about the size of a golf ball. Fit it up with a camera, facial req software, some hooks and an ounce of C4. Fly it over there and let it cruise around until it locks on to the little bastard. Once lock is achieved, it'll fly over stick to his face and detonate the C4. Poof! Problem solved. If anyone in China or Russia pitches a bubblegum then program another unit and let it fly.

$.02

RKBA

You're late to the game. Drone swarms are the new thang. The Pentagon's new drone swarm heralds a future of autonomous war machines

ShockedHastyDipper-size_restricted.gif

Welp, maybe all those leftists over at Business Insider should have a little faith in the president we elected,...

North Korea THREAT: Trump's first win as Kim Jong-un says North Korea WILL talk to South

North Korea THREAT: Trump's first win as Kim Jong-un says North Korea WILL talk to South
NORTH KOREA has agreed to come to the negotiating table with South Korea and Donald Trump should take credit for this victory, according to Frank Jannuzi, a former US State Department official.

Trump, on possibility of North Korea talks, says: 'Who knows where it
MOON CREDITS TRUMP FOR TALKS

Earlier on Tuesday, Moon made a point of crediting Trump for the Korean talks and also said he himself was open to meeting with Kim at any time if conditions were right and "certain achievements are guaranteed".

Sorry guys, but this president doesn't believe in leading from behind. I know after 8 years of capitulation, that may be what you've become accustomed to, but I think those days are over.

"Peace through strength"

Sweet. So now all we have to do is threaten other countries with nuclear strikes repeatedly and there'll be world peace.

Bunch of bubblegumhole countries anyway, amiright?

Thanks, President Trump!

Note to all... I am not calling anyone out here on this thread...

Lets not have this thread derail into a "Trump is great versus a Trump sucks" shouting match.
One can articulate both the good and bad of this ( and any ) administration without causing a divide between members...it just requires:
A little thought and facts behind each post
Being able to be receptive and respectful of the another's ideas or views
A reminder of rule #1...Be excellent to each other.
Be that as it may .....
This thread is about President Trump and his military options for North Korea....nothing else.

Thank you,
Andy

I say we design a small drone about the size of a golf ball. Fit it up with a camera, facial req software, some hooks and an ounce of C4. Fly it over there and let it cruise around until it locks on to the little bastard.

great idea.....how large is the gas tank on that little sucker?

Note to all... I am not calling anyone out here on this thread...

Lets not have this thread derail into a "Trump is great versus a Trump sucks" shouting match.
One can articulate both the good and bad of this ( and any ) administration without causing a divide between members...it just requires:
A little thought and facts behind each post
Being able to be receptive and respectful of the another's ideas or views
A reminder of rule #1...Be excellent to each other.
Be that as it may .....
This thread is about President Trump and his military options for North Korea....nothing else.

Thank you,
Andy

Exactly. The minute the gas can comes out things go south real fast.

Sweet. So now all we have to do is threaten other countries with nuclear strikes repeatedly and there'll be world peace.

Bunch of bubblegumhole countries anyway, amiright?

Thanks, President Trump!
Uhhh, excuse me but,...
Who made the first nuclear strike threat?

It's kinda like the bully-boy at the school bus stop, pushing the kids around.

The bully boy clinton gave the stick to.
And Bush ignored.
And then obama appeased his only ally, Iran, refused to pressure China, and ignored him some more. While he threatened our allies and trade partners in SE Asia.

But then he gets reminded someone else has a bigger stick, and is willing to use it if he doesn't stop his threats. So, he shows up the next day wanting to talk instead of pushing people around.

Successful presidents of the last 65 year have done what Trump did, and never fired a shot.
Ike, JFK and Reagan all come to mind for using this tactic, and very successfully.
It's not about starting WWIII, it's about getting the bully-boy to see reality.

And someday in the not-so-distant future, I'll wager we'll need to do the same again, only with Iran.
Here's hoping that president has the fortitude to do it again.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top