JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Vudoo would be nice, Love my Annie's but they're both 17hmr and I'm focusing on 22lr. I picked up some different match ammo but am still looking for what works best, at 50 yards it was Eley edge, at 30 they're all good, I haven't shot green tag, and wish I could find some SK locally. This was my first time shooting this little Sako
2043AB1C-C654-4AAD-AECE-1BBDD665B787.jpeg
AEF996C1-2194-4BE2-9CEC-EC4A8F65FFB0.jpeg

Mine used to be a ruger but now there are no ruger parts left on it.
The receiver,bolt and trigger group are all Kidd the barrel is a Feddersen, the stock is a victor and the scope is a 4x16 vortex, ten x and sk match pistol shoot the best in it.
hfBxd0m.jpg

Grandpa's Marlin 81DL is what I grew up shooting. It wasn't until I started shooting "real" guns that I found out not all guns are accurate. It is far from a precision rifle, but it came from a time where there was pride in manufacturing, even for many budget items. Dad carried it around in the late 40's. While the folks at Marlin couldn't get the plastic trigger guard on straight, they sure got the metal perfect. It will shoot holes in small coins and chew the center out of a target. Maybe someday I'll try some "good" ammo. :D
To me that's a "Precision Rimfire".

Ah would this qualify? I built it a few years back one winter when I got board.

Savage MKII FVT Heavy Bull barrel originally comes with full on target peep sights.
Heavily modified Boyds Tacticool stock. It now has adjustable pull with raise and fall as well as tilt, Adjustable cheek, and a long accessory slot in the bottom of the forestock which is like 2.5" wide.

Paint is Rustolieum Apple Red with Krylon white webbing and 4 coats of Krylon satin clear.

h0Asbzk.jpg
9zWCLdI.jpg

Sorry no target photos I normally only shoot oe shot into each bull on a A-17 50ft target.

And when set up for Varmint hunting

Lek4Iaj.jpg

Nice rifles. Does anyone have any targets proving their rimfires are "precision"? Im talking at typical rimfire shooting distance. Lets say 50 yards. Im seeing some fairly accurate rifles here, but nothing precise. Remember, theres a difference between the 2. Precision to me is a rifle that shoots 100-10x day in and day out. I wish the weather was better and i didnt have to work today. Id go shooting. Maybe sunday ill pull out a couple rimfires and shoot some targets.

Nice rifles. Does anyone have any targets proving their rimfires are "precision"? Im talking at typical rimfire shooting distance. Lets say 50 yards. Im seeing some fairly accurate rifles here, but nothing precise. Remember, theres a difference between the 2. Precision to me is a rifle that shoots 100-10x day in and day out. I wish the weather was better and i didnt have to work today. Id go shooting. Maybe sunday ill pull out a couple rimfires and shoot some targets.

Hard to say there are better Rimfire Rifles than others. Mostly ammo related in my opinion. My Ruger may not cost as much as a higher end, but when I put $30 per box of 50 ammo in it, it shoots precisely.

With how much they cost the damn rifle better be capable of hitting a squirrel's eye at 75 yards every time, shooter permitting. o_O

When I bought thay Anschutz from Sportsmans, it was "Only" $600 and change, that was 23 years ago, but still!

And truth be told, I also have a Winchester Mod 52 Olympic that can hang right with the Anschutz!:)

This happens to be mine.

Ruger American Rimfire, stainless barrel that's medium weight between the entry and target versions. Topped off with a Nikon Rimfire scope. I can shoot dime groups with the proper ammo at 50y silently. All you hear is the hammer drop.

Pretty fun out to 200y as well.

CA9349F1-50EB-4D76-AD43-B532F4B291AA.jpeg

AE390B5E-A738-4A3D-B9E8-A462C6ED3F4E.jpeg
Defining precision is always hard. Does this count as "typical rim fire" distance? 300 yards. 17 HMR from an AR 17HMR. Only two shots because it was cold and I ran out of ammo before I got to 300 yards!

I don't have a photo of my Anchutz .22 WMR with set triggers. The photo below is very close to what I have, though. I've had my Anschutz for 55 years. Bought it at age 12 for about $150 from (where else?) The Gun Store in Klamath Falls. My dad was in the store, but as far as I know, he didn't have to give permission (might have winked at the sales guy!).

Accuracy? It took out hundreds of marmots and other varmints in eastern Oregon at measured distances up to 150 yards. Never scoped. My technique was to set up prone and take one or two shots at the top of a marmot mound where I saw them popping up. Adjusted aim as necessary to just skim the top of the mound. Then I waited to shoot until a critter popped up and had most of its body above the top of the mound, because I needed to be able to recover it and take the tail. I often did a deal with ranchers for a nickel a tail, and made five bucks (that's 100 tails) on a good day. With ammo prices being what they were in 1960, I eventually earned enough to buy my first deer rifle (.308 Savage 99).

upload_2018-12-4_16-56-31.png

I sold the rifle to a friend to pay for books in college, with an agreement that if he ever wanted to sell the rifle, to call me first. About 10-12 years later, he called and I bought it back for the same $150. I see they're going for $600 to $1200+ these days.

I did a rebuild on my .22 last year. The only thing left that's Ruger is the receiver, which I lightly polished up and had finished with graphite black Cerakote. I did the bolt myself (retired machinist) following Kidd's specs. Then had it heat treated using Titanium nitride SLP process which keeps the silver finish. ( http://coatingservicesgroup.com/ ) I used a Volquartsen Firing pin which is about .003 thicker than stock, and had it TiCN heat treated. The rest is Kidd, with a two stage trigger and a 6-18x40 Nikon. The gun's better than me, I only shoot off a bi-pod and can't claim to put every round trough the same hole. It seems to like CCI Green Tag, but as the pic shows it does OK with with some ammo I bought in the seventies too.
Phred ( the shakiest gun in the West, along with Don Knotts )

1022 L.JPG DSC02076 (Small).JPG DSC02275 (Small).JPG img005 (Small).jpg Nikon 6-18x40 (Small).JPG

I have a savage mark II btvss its been modified a bit I put a tacticool stock on it by boyds I added an DIY adjustable cheek piece. That's about it the rest is stock. It shoots great if I do my part. If I want precision I use wolf match extra. It will hit a 1MOA (2") gong @ 200 yards as long as i read the wind right (with good ammo of course). I have a Horus Hunter 3x12 on it.

I don't have a set of groups cuz i don't care so much with this rifle. Here are a few, take them as you will.

I know this is only three shots, but I was impressed for 100 yards for a .22

I am very happy with it.

Savage-markII-btvss.jpg target1.jpg target2.jpg

If you can find a Winchester 52D at a reasonable price it will shoot much more accurately than you can hold it. iu-22.jpeg
Likewise, the Remington 513T for about $500 will shoot way more accurately than you can hold it.

iu-21.jpeg
I've owned both and either one will give you same-hole accuracy from a bench rest at 25 yards. Use sub-sonic, match ammo and learn to use the sling properly, and you can hit anything large enough to see...every shot.

When I was a youngster shooting NRA small bore competition we shot 50 foot targets where the 10 ring was the same size as a .22 cal bullet hole, and the width of each scoring ring was the same. In a 4 position match one had to shoot at least 390 out of 400 to be competitive. For fun we used to set up empty .22 LR cases with the base toward the firing line (a .25" target) and see how many out of 10 we could knock off. Off hand, 7 out of 10 was considered passable.

20CE2FA2-A272-4AEE-B40B-C34917EB0051.jpeg No photo of the Anschütz rifle (locked in the safe for tonight) but here is what it's capable of with open (peep) sights and my daughters capabilities. This was shot at a 50' indoor range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top