JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My interest lately has turned to precision rimfires (precision trainers)
I've been researching models, match ammo and of course optics.
Kinda wanting a t1x, but playing with a couple of sporters that I already have, a Sako p94s and a Rem 541t they shoot great but I seem to never be content.

Let's see what you have?

What are your optic and ammo recommendations?

I've got a dealer exclusive Ruger American Rimfire 22lr with the medium bull barrel at 16". I've got a Primary Arms fixed 6x scope that has their ACSS22 reticle. It is an absolute shooter with CCI minimags. It's even more stupid accurate with Remington Match EPS.
upload_2018-11-29_13-52-36.jpeg
upload_2018-11-29_13-56-33.jpeg
upload_2018-11-29_13-52-49.jpeg
I've also recently acquired a Savage B17 FVSR in 17HMR with a Leupold VX2 3-9x50 on it. This guy is ridiculously easy to shoot and stupid accurate.
upload_2018-11-29_13-54-57.jpeg
upload_2018-11-29_13-55-12.jpeg

We don't do much in the way of rimfires. The only rifle I, relatively, regularly shoot is this one. With subsonic ammo and the silencer, it is a fun one for quiet plinking. :)

1022canfan-jpg.jpg

Had a Remington 541X and it was a true tack driver, especially with CCI Green Tag. I was leading with the Juniors Program at the local range and one of the young ladies was showing real potential and so I sold the rifle to her Mom who was assisting me. Her husband died and then she remarried and moved out by the Ocean. Don't know what happened to the rifle but it's one I do miss.

NW Armory in Tigard has a Model 19 Savage and a Model 69a Winchester as of last Sunday ( they had two Winnes, but I bought the other one :p )

I'll have to get some pics up, have had another 69a for years thats a family gun, as well as a left hand Lakefield MkII target. As well as a small assortment pf others, I have a .22 addiction :)

Just picked up a CZ 455 Standard in .22 long rifle at the Hermiston Bimart for $297.99. That price even beat Bud's online price by $12! Haven't shot it yet, but crossing my fingers it will be at least as accurate as the evil looking Ruger Precisiin Rimfire.

If you have $2500 you don't need you could always get the Vudoo Ridgeback or any of their amazingly expensive bolt action 22s.

upload_2018-11-29_15-59-24.png

I've heard some good things about the CZs. Right now I'm just not in a position to buy another gun of any kind. Maybe I'll hit the Gunshow and see if I can at least handle one.

;)Things I learned over the years while shooting rim-fire for precision ....

- Always use top quality, consistent, subsonic ammo...(hard to find) so you're "stuck shooting this crap!" today.

- Never use a rifle that costs far too much for you to believably blame your bad groups on it.

- Plan to use a scope (a two-fer)...you can blame either the "glass" - or - the rings.

- Listen carefully to the other shooters, learn the jargon and local terms, so you can learn to talk a good game too.

- MOST IMPORTANT... always, always bring donuts.

Last Edited:
I wish i owned a precision rimfire, but have to slum it with savage. 1 bolt action 93r17 that shoots lights out and a semi auto A17, that is a kick in the pants to shoot. Both rifles are pretty accurate, but dont know if they qualify as "precision" rimfires. Ill post some pics after i get home from work.

;)Things I learned over the years while shooting rim-fire for precision ....

- Always use top quality, consistent, subsonic ammo...(hard to find) so you're "stuck shooting this crap!" today.

- Never use a rifle that costs far too much for you to believably blame your bad groups on it.

- Plan to use a scope (a two-fer)...you can blame either the "glass" - or - the rings.

- Listen carefully to the other shooters, learn the jargon and local terms, so you can learn to talk a good game too.
Damn, you would fit in great at my club :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads