JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a collection of various precious and semi precious metals. Nothing too crazy but investments that actually mean something, unlike "Insert Name Here"coin crypto currency.

My favorite pieces all have a pro-2A theme. These two are currently my favorite. Identical in every way, and look good displayed. Anyone else have coins, silver bullets or anything else cool that makes them worth more than spot?

FE243D7E-063C-4FBE-81CA-1839393321F6.jpeg

And yes, I know copper is fairly low, and so is silver. Only way they can go is UP!

We got into PMs heavily in the late 90s/early 2000s when they were practically giving it away. Did so until prices went nuts then sold some off to make a nice profit to fund various projects. Then more or less ignored said until recently. Buying some more on a limited basis.

Buying PMs when everyone says you're nuts then selling said when everyone is freaked out has been a big win. In other words, no complaints. :D

Growing up with limited funds had me collecting change at a young age. I found over the years that it was easier for me to save money in metal form because I enjoyed looking at the art involved, manufacturing, mining, smelting, engraving, minting, but most of all the historical aspects from early electrum coins to modern national park quarters.

Here are a few peices that I have fairly recently aquired. A story for the shipwreck coin, initially the louisiana purchase territory was claimed by Spain, New Orleans was experiencing rapid inflation due to counterfeiting, so the spanish crown ordered silver to be shipped there from Mexico to help stabilize the economy. The galleon never made it, causing Spain to lose control of the colony, in turn selling it to the french, who then sold it to the United States. Had this ship not sank, history would/could have played out much differently, in theory Mexico could have turned out much larger and the US much smaller. 20170228_144014.jpg 20170228_151041.jpg 20170210_135031.jpg 20190207_185443.jpg

Only precious metals I have is a little vial of gold that I panned out of Lynx creek in Arizona.

Really miss gold panning and sluicing...

And yes, I know copper is fairly low, and so is silver. Only way they can go is UP!
Ever watch the guys on YouTube melting down copper and brass to make ingots?

I've always considered making or buying a small smelter to try this in the backyard. Figure you can find range brass all day long in the woods for free. Depending on the type of alloy, 60-70% copper, is a pretty unique way to store and create more.

I've got some silver bullion coins in a sealed bucket that makes me grunt a little when picked up. I deduced that I needed to do a ryder on my homeowners policy just in case. When they had me approximate the value I was like:eek:. Those 1oz and 10oz silver coins and bars really add up quickly. I decided it was time to put in the safe, lol.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top