Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Pre 64 model 70 featherwieght 30 06

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by joewoolley, Jan 24, 2013.

1. joewoolley

joewoolley springfield oregon New Member

I have one but the stock was replaced by my father and it has a burris 3x9. Can anyone give me a rough extimate of the value

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

from quick research, it's anywhere from $600 to $1000. but your mileage may vary, since stock was replaced.

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

The barreled action alone is valuable to custom gun builders. Without seeing the stock, I will price the gun as just the action at around $450 to $500. If the stock is decent and well done, the value could get up to $750 or $800. Hard to get more than $800 for any pre-64 that has been modified. Replacement original stocks are expensive...

4. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This. ^^^^ I have often seen original stocks on Gunbroker. A nice one is usually $250+.
    If your dad kept the original stock, you're better to put that one back on and then sell the replacement.

5. joewoolley

we got the barrel and action from a gun smith

6. joewoolley

i put it up for $800 and i have pics, their blurry cause i have shaky hands and a bad cell phone. but please look