JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK well I'm getting ready to order some powder form Natchez so if anyone wants to split shipping and hazmat fee let me know asap. It's 4pm now and as long as they still have my powder in placing the order at 6pm

Well I tried. 10lbs of powder now headed my way.

James

DOOD! Not enough notice! I mighta been in for some rifle powder.

10 lbs? Phhhht. But you are in Newberg. That could have been an issue. Do you have any H4895 or IMR 4064 coming?

Good luck finding someone with powder in stock. Same with primers. I found some powder at Midway yesterday but they must have just got it in because they didn't have any a week ago. BTW does anyone know why nobody has powder locally. Sportsmens, Bimart and Cabela's don't have anything.

Good luck finding someone with powder in stock. Same with primers. I found some powder at Midway yesterday but they must have just got it in because they didn't have any a week ago. BTW does anyone know why nobody has powder locally. Sportsmens, Bimart and Cabela's don't have anything.

I dunno. This is the way it it was back in the Dark Days...2012-2014. Local stores had none, and online retailers had it coming in/selling/coming in again. Powder Valley has quite a bit of powder. Good prices too.

I should have ordered primers with my powder but didn't think of it. I did fine a few primers locally but I had to get match small rifle primers instead of the regular small rifle primers. It cost more but oh well it was all they had.

Last Edited:
Natchez had powder. I just ordered 10lbs.
I got 10 lbs from midway also, Supposed to be here the 22nd. Should be enough for many years. I get about 300 rounds a pound of .223 out of it. Has anyone ever used Shooters world powders. I've read that most of what they sell comes from Lovex powder co. from Czechoslovakia. Research has discovered it's some of the same powder Accurate arms sells comes from Lovex and they relabel it to their numbering system. Shooters world also buys H335 from Hodgdon and relabels it to their numbers also. It's such a small world.
I get the impression that Shooters world is just the sears and roebuck version of the powder business. The good thing is the price per pound was only 20 bucks a pound. Quite a savings.

Last Edited:
Their website says they are totally out of stock of all primers in Vancouver Wash. as of yesterday.
No doubt it will vary by location but I would keep an eye out. Albany had lots of powder less than two weeks ago but was pretty light on primers. Salem was the opposite in the last few days, not much powder but lots of primers at $23 per 1K. At that price (even in good times) they are not going to last long. They even had the often hard to find Federal match large rifle. Try Wed - Fri morning.

My last order for powder was 88 lbs. I can tell you it included powder that was listed as not available. I did not pay any hazmat fee but did pay a flat rate of just under $26 for shipping all of it as it was multiple boxes. Almost everyone will negotiate if you buy enough. The same applies to primers. You need to get few buddies together and buy 50-100k at a time. Call the order in and tell them what's your best discount price. You will get a offer that is not online. It's been a few years since I was in charge of bullet order but we would group together and order 300-400k bullets from a manufacturer. We'd call them directly and they'd cut price under what they sold dealers for that quantity. Shipping on pallet to a dock was always free and that's the savings because the weight is insane. When you make orders you need to post and plan a month in advance, let people have a chance to get in on the deal.

Primers are back in Stock in Vancouver at sportsmans warehouse. Yippee!!! And still on sale. I ordered what I needed (and the brand I wanted) so I'm good to go now.

Last Edited:
All you guys out there and girls after scrambling for powder and primers I just sit there and laugh I don't need to look at all.:s0105: I've sold a little bit of what I got. Some of this old stuff. That works just fine for me.:s0004:

Well Geez Louise. Vancouver Sportsmans warehouse is out of stock of small rifle primers as of this afternoon again..... It's a good thing I got my first order in.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top