Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Powder and Primers!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by AlphaCoyote, May 21, 2013.

1. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

Things are loosening up, at least where I am. My LGS is overstocked with small pistol and small rifle primers, and has a whole shelf of various popular pistol and rifle powders in 1 lb. and 8 lb. kegs. All at normal prices, and this is stock that came in last week and still hasn't sold, despite an ad and a line out the door on Saturday. Things are looking up!

2. DSbur

DSbur Vancouver WA Member

OK, I'll bite, where exactly are you and what is your local gun store?

3. bmo

bmo WA New Member

Yeah which store? Could use some small rifle primers.

4. zippygaloo

zippygaloo Oregon Member

It's been months. No powder in sight. I am tired.

5. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

Sorry. I'm in Las Vegas. Bought several pounds of various pistol powders for about $27/lb. CCI Small Pistol Primers = $33/1000. Same with Federal SRPs. I was there on Saturday, and there was still a ton on the shelves when I was there yesterday (Tues.). Either the manufacturers are starting to catch up, or people who stockpile have done so now, or both.

6. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

Probably more the latter. People who were desperate to buy have finally achieved a comfort level of supply, or have run out of money attempting to do so in a crazy market. From what I have heard/read, the manufacturers have been running at full capacity for months trying to meet the demand and will hopefully continue to do so until retail prices return to a more palatable level. I hear there are some places that are already there. (Of course, not where I am, but somewhere!)