JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is not a cabinet big enough for my supplies.

Primers are all in a 20mm ammo can in their original boxes.
Most of my power is in an old office cabinet that fits under my reloading bench. It also has all of my dies, and reloading odd's and ends.

I just started this thread on storing reloads, https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/storing-reloads.432484/
Most of my factory ammo is stored in ammo cans. I have .30's, .50's, Fat .50's and 20mm cans. Most of it is in the OEM boxes inside the cans. Some is on stripper clips in bandoliers, some in magazines. I also have some metal shelving that is 24"x48"x60" tall. This is where most of my reloads are currently stored along with odds and ends that get used semi frequently.

I am on the dry side of the mountains and this is all in a well insulated and heated shop.

Trying to figure out how I should store my powder, primers and ammo. Should I build a wood storage cabinet and install a dehumidifier rod or? What do you do? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Really depends on where you do your reloading, in the house or in a shop/garage.

I do mine in the house and store the primers in drawer's and powder on shelves.

The NFPA ( National Fire Protection Assn.) publishes standards for storage of propellants, etc. These standards have been adopted by many counties and municipalities across the US. Some of the distributors of powder in the US publish pertinent NFPA recommendations on their websites.

As to quantities, there are limits to what may be legally stored in many jurisdictions. It's important to consider what it might mean in a situation involving an insurance claim with the firm that carries and/or underwrites your homeowner's policy.

Above is the safety angle. Then there is the preservation angle. I store primers in a dry basement. Powder I store in a metal wall locker in my garage, which is also where my reloading work area is. The powder containers are all plastic and seal tight, so I don't figure ambient moisture is a factor.

My ammo is also stored in a dry basement. I have it shelved grouped by chambering. I don't have near as much as I used to so it's fairly easy to manage these days. I have some overflow .223 Rem. and 7.72mm NATO stored in GI ammo cans in the garage.

Having shot 357 ammo after it was stored in a kitchen drawer for forty years (no failures) as well as watching this new video, I am convinced more than ever that the majority of opinions gathered are from a computer screen and not real world experience. I am not worried in the slightest about having the majority of my ammo not in cans with packets or heaters in my safe.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top