JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
D52A3BA5-EF66-4195-8ED7-BD90F994A149.jpeg 116EDAD9-BEF7-4BCE-BB8A-22CBF9832D46.jpeg
Non dominant hand double tap practice. Not my best work, but I put two in that hole in the center!

Approx 25 feet.

Shooting nice groups on targets is always gratifying. Others have posted at least one picture of my favorite targets, cans. I grew up shooting tin cans and Portland phone books with 22s. I love shooting cans.
I've been shooting with my grandson for a few years now. This target, one of the few I have pictures of, was from a day of shooting a small frame Taurus revolver. We were standing and shooting offhand at about 10-12 yards.
Dead Yote.jpg
About the only other target I have a picture of is this one. We had been shooting the Henry and for some reason were not certain of it's zero. I took it out by myself and got it squared away. This pic I sent to my daughter to show my grandson that it was on him for a miss from now on. :D I shot this at @20 yards offhand (Henry 22 lever action w/Redfield 2.75 scope).
office.jpg
While I haven't shot 22s much for the last couple of decades, I always find myself completely thrilled when I do. Easy to shoot, accurate guns make it fun. It doesn't need to be complicated.

This one's not terribly recent. Actually I've hung onto this target for quite a while. I had been practicing a fair amount (actually a lot for me, but I'm not a competitor). It's just a four shot group, but a real half MOA (1" @ 200 yards). I could do this consistently enough at the time that I felt pretty good about it.

IMG_8930[1].jpg

It was a custom rifle with an expensive barrel installed by a very reputable gunsmith. Obviously good benchrest competitors can easily best that, but the practice that it took me to get there taught me to be skeptical when people flippantly brag about being able to shoot 1/4 MOA groups "all day long".

Can it be done? Absolutely. But it takes a darn good marksman with a darn good rifle. 1/4 MOA is definitely beyond my abilities. The difference between 1 MOA and 1/2 MOA is kind of like the difference between 100 mph and 150 mph. The difference between 1/2 MOA and 1/4 MOA is like the difference between 150 mph and 200 mph. It takes a special car to do 200 mph.

Last Edited:
Just to make you all feel so much better I will post this. New to me 30-06. First 100 yard pattern... Upper left was a shooter error.
Apparently the bore was still fouled and the bedding is all wonky. Working to make it better.
95 yards.jpg

What targets? Range and gun stores in my locale closed as non-essential businesses....:s0054:
I have stooped as low as notebook paper with a center dot drawn with an ink pen. Where there's a will, there's a way!:D

That doesn't mean much if you don't have a place to shoot, I guess.

I have stooped as low as notebook paper with a center dot drawn with an ink pen. Where there's a will, there's a way!:D

That doesn't mean much if you don't have a place to shoot, I guess.

My wife thinks I have sprung a leak. I keep walking down the hall going "Phew, phew."

Almost mugged a turkey when I saw him on the sidewalk next to my home earlier in the week. I really miss the range!

image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads