JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just an ole mongrel build. Colt upper and 6920 barrel cut to 10.5-inches (gas port left stock), Geissele rail, old Surefire 556-212 can, PSA lower, Aero LPK, VLTOR A5.

Goes pew every time...

20220823_194019.jpg

PSA OIF-15 lower with FA binary trigger.
BCA 10.5" side charge upper.
Eotech 512, Olight Odin, Nightstrike Diamondback AFG.

This one will end up being the permanent home for a YHM Turbo T2 which is currently in jail.

20221204_091801.jpg

Previously zeroed at 25m, first shot at 100m.
20230107_094245.jpg

Not anything too exciting as it's my first AR, but it's STAG15 Tactical with a 16" Barrel. Added the Holosun AEMS, Magpul Iron Backups, QD Sling Mount, and Angle Fore Grip. I like it so far but want to get more time on the range before deciding on everything I want for my first real build. I have a Aero M4E1 lower as my base for my next one.

IMG_3195.jpg IMG_3194.jpg

Not anything too exciting as it's my first AR, but it's STAG15 Tactical with a 16" Barrel. Added the Holosun AEMS, Magpul Iron Backups, QD Sling Mount, and Angle Fore Grip. I like it so far but want to get more time on the range before deciding on everything I want for my first real build. I have a Aero M4E1 lower as my base for my next one.

View attachment 1349974View attachment 1349975
Simple > too much, and well done. Decide what you want your build for and go from there.

My last upper builds focused on light weight dependability. Because I'm getting old and cranky I like light, nimble, and works. My first builds were less successful because I wanted them to fill too many roles, so while they do that pretty well I always reach for the lighter ones first.

I'm afraid to tally up my total investment into this one 🤢. I *think* I am done reconfiguring it, but it's now had 3 different LPVO's, an AEMS, an EXPS3, an Aimpoint H2... I finally settled on the Vudu 1-10 to try and take advantage of this Dracos barrel.

20230302_202827.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm afraid to tally up my total investment into this one 🤢. I *think* I am done reconfiguring it, but it's now had 3 different LPVO's, an AEMS, an EXPS3, an Aimpoint H2... I finally settled on the Vudu 1-10 to try and take advantage of this Dracos barrel.

View attachment 1376077
I've lost track of how many times I have claimed that my primary AR has reached its "final form" lol

I've lost track of how many times I have claimed that my primary AR has reached its "final form" lol
The sad part is I've already got plans for the next set of changes if for some reason I don't like this configuration haha. I don't expect to, but I may ditch the recc•e stock and go back to a magpul. IF it's not as accurate as I want it to be, then the Vudu may go to something else and this will get an EXPS2.

The sad part is I've already got plans for the next set of changes if for some reason I don't like this configuration haha. I don't expect to, but I may ditch the recc•e stock and go back to a magpul. IF it's not as accurate as I want it to be, then the Vudu may go to something else and this will get an EXPS2.
It's just such an easily customizable platform that there is little reason to settle whenever I feel something is off with my setup.

For me, the most common change is in optics; I have an astigmatism that makes red dots less than ideal for me, though not totally unusable. It's too bad because my ideal build would include a bombproof micro rds like an Aimpoint Duty or T2.

After a lot of trial and error with LPVOs, an Eotech, various other red dot + magnifier combos, and even fixed irons, I think my final solution is going to be the Primary 2x prism sight. Fingers crossed this checks all the boxes for me finally! Haha

It's just such an easily customizable platform that there is little reason to settle whenever I feel something is off with my setup.

For me, the most common change is in optics; I have an astigmatism that makes red dots less than ideal for me, though not totally unusable. It's too bad because my ideal build would include a bombproof micro rds like an Aimpoint Duty or T2.

After a lot of trial and error with LPVOs, an Eotech, various other red dot + magnifier combos, and even fixed irons, I think my final solution is going to be the Primary 2x prism sight. Fingers crossed this checks all the boxes for me finally! Haha
That's my struggle as well, I have an astigmatism in both eyes. Personally, I've found the Aimpoint H2, Holosun, and the Vudu to be the most crisp as far as reticles go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top