JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh nice! Never knew it existed, looks just like they took the 1022 and beefed it up.
Another of those guns that did not catch on and dropped. Had one for a while long ago and traded it off. Only thing it lacked to me was capacity. I always thought they would have been nice if they had been mag fed. Now days they are hard to find and people will pay well for one.

Not a single 10/22 pictured as of yet.

My (current) favorite .22 Ruger.jpg

Exactly, i see this one is on sale at 190, any thoughts on this price?
It's the 18 inch carbine.

View attachment 435267

Best priced one I ever bought was $169.99 during Black Friday sale 2012 cabelas lacy washington. Stayed up all night in line in the freezing rain because I was younger and dumber.

I'd say your good on the price if you can walk in and walk out at your leisure. Unless you drastically need the take down model for a specific reason, the wood stock is just fine, I prefer to run a 1x5 or similar scope on mine, but that's my personal preference.

I don't hike around with a 10/22 but if I did I would consider the take down/folding stock model. Most all my hiking involves a G20, rifles just aren't as handy to hike with and unless I am very worried about encountering something I need it for the rifle stays at home and the G20 stays highly accessible on my person. Every time I've been hiking though it was just a "exercise weight" to carry around. I'm ok with that ;)

mod_88.jpg
One Sweet Rifle, and customized with an Ed Shillin .308 Winchester barrel conversion! Heavy, and kicks like a mule, but it's awesome!
Super slick operation, and VERY complex internally, but it runs flawlessly! Before all the fancy semi autos, there was this!

Last Edited:
Best priced one I ever bought was $169.99 during Black Friday sale 2012 cabelas lacy washington. Stayed up all night in line in the freezing rain because I was younger and dumber.

I'd say your good on the price if you can walk in and walk out at your leisure. Unless you drastically need the take down model for a specific reason, the wood stock is just fine, I prefer to run a 1x5 or similar scope on mine, but that's my personal preference.

I don't hike around with a 10/22 but if I did I would consider the take down/folding stock model. Most all my hiking involves a G20, rifles just aren't as handy to hike with and unless I am very worried about encountering something I need it for the rifle stays at home and the G20 stays highly accessible on my person. Every time I've been hiking though it was just a "exercise weight" to carry around. I'm ok with that ;)

First 10/22 I ever bought was $79.95 at a store called Gem-co. One of the early stores to try the "big box" layout. At the time I was there for another Marlin Mod.60. They were $49.95 with a ultra cheap 4X rimfire scope. Had never seen a 10/22. This was a lot more money then than now. After a lot of handling of both and debate I bought the 10/22. Ramline (Jamline) soon came out with a 25 round mag for them that sucked. Then another company came out with a 50 round mag for these that worked and the love affair started. I have lost track of how many I have had since then. Would get tired of the .22 and sell it. Soon would buy another. I finally learned to stop selling them :)

First 10/22 I ever bought was $79.95 at a store called Gem-co. One of the early stores to try the "big box" layout. At the time I was there for another Marlin Mod.60. They were $49.95 with a ultra cheap 4X rimfire scope. Had never seen a 10/22. This was a lot more money then than now. After a lot of handling of both and debate I bought the 10/22. Ramline (Jamline) soon came out with a 25 round mag for them that sucked. Then another company came out with a 50 round mag for these that worked and the love affair started. I have lost track of how many I have had since then. Would get tired of the .22 and sell it. Soon would buy another. I finally learned to stop selling them :)

The price your quoting tells me you have seen more life than me. I got introduced to the 10/22 at 4 years old under the supervision of father and uncle. I've never felt the need to own any other .22, (although I admit I sometimes cheat on the 10/22 and put a .22lr BCG in the AR and have fun that way too, but I wouldn't bother buying a specifically .22lr chambered AR)

The price your quoting tells me you have seen more life than me. I got introduced to the 10/22 at 4 years old under the supervision of father and uncle. I've never felt the need to own any other .22, (although I admit I sometimes cheat on the 10/22 and put a .22lr BCG in the AR and have fun that way too, but I wouldn't bother buying a specifically .22lr chambered AR)
Several of us tried one of the Ciener 22 conversions in our AR's back in the day. They worked kind of. In full auto they would only work if you dumped the mag, no start and stop. Of course accuracy sucked since the wrong twist. Back then the damn mags were pricey too. Later when they came out with the dedicated uppers in .22 it seemed like a neat idea to me but I could not see spending the cash. The 10/22 has always just been my hands down favorite. One of Bills greatest idea's of all time. To me it's right up there with the MK pistols. It's why I used to wonder every time I was buying another why I sold the last one. Took me a while to learn to just keep a couple. May sit in the safe for a while but sooner or later I get the itch and take them out again and remember why I love them so damn much. :)

Several of us tried one of the Ciener 22 conversions in our AR's back in the day. They worked kind of. In full auto they would only work if you dumped the mag, no start and stop. Of course accuracy sucked since the wrong twist. Back then the damn mags were pricey too. Later when they came out with the dedicated uppers in .22 it seemed like a neat idea to me but I could not see spending the cash. The 10/22 has always just been my hands down favorite. One of Bills greatest idea's of all time. To me it's right up there with the MK pistols. It's why I used to wonder every time I was buying another why I sold the last one. Took me a while to learn to just keep a couple. May sit in the safe for a while but sooner or later I get the itch and take them out again and remember why I love them so damn much. :)

I get that, can't say the .22 BCG is as reliable as the 10/22, but it seems to give me rare problems, mostly bad ammo related.

I guess for me a major drawing point (since they can be had for $150 and magazines are about $10-15 on sale, I can in theory carry around my AR, the BCG, a few .22lr mags and a brick of 22lr and if I want to plink with it I can without breaking the bank or carrying other rifles, all that stuff is probably 5 lbs, and if for some reason things got dicey, even if you ran out of your .223 loads a BCG swap and the other mags combined with that brick would leave you able to to pull the trigger for quite a while. That being said, for $190 getting a 10/22 others would prefer just owning another rifle. Different purposes I suppose.

Probably my #1 largest reason I love it is because I use it to train others to shoot the AR and I can leave every part of the AR intact from a accessories standpoint. Fiancé learned to shoot with the conversion before bumping her up to .223, but because she started with the .22 BCG, once she got super comfortable it was only a small adjustment for recoil and all the manual of arms was identical.

Now she tells me "we haven't been to the range in a while" lol keeper.

Go blow some minds with this...
View attachment 435231
My appreciation for this only tells me that I like wood furniture and color case hardening... shouldn't be a surprise, I want a log cabin one day.

This is about all I personally have at the moment... this is a Ruger 10/22 M1 model, know somebody with the real thing tho.

7050D45C-B15E-439A-B8AA-953AD158A3A1.jpeg

I should probably get a FAL or M14 soon... just happens that plastic is cheaper, go figure!
Just another way the buorgeoisie keeps the proletariat down!

No offense @F2CMaDMaXX but do we really want to compile a list to maybe be used against us later?

Sorry, but I'm not going to list anything.
I agree with that 100%. We don't néed to give the anti's more ammo to use against us now or down the road later on. One thing we sure don't want to do is give them any more ideas or do thier thinking for them to mess us over anymore than they are right now. The anti's do a good enough job putting the screws to us, without us doing it to ourselves.

You can rest assured there are some watching all the gun. Websites just waiting to take notes feeding off us progun folks.
It's like the old saying " loose lips sink ships",
and I think right now many progun people feel they are riding on the I'll fated ship Titanic right now as iso_O:cool:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top