JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Considering my firearms future here in Oregon... Nope, there is nothing I need (not saying want) and nothing I can afford anyway on my tiny income. But I do need more ammo for AR15, in .308, 9mm, .357, and esp reloading supplies. I have plenty of powder thanks to the last shortage, but I do need primers and boolitts.

Only new purchases as I understand it.

God I would hope so.. Can anyone confirm? What an insult that would be, making people who've been shooting safely for years, many who built their own rifles, take a "state safety course". Most of us old hands could teach the "course" while blindfolded and drunk.

Just another scheme for those bastards to make gov't jobs and line their own pockets $$.

At the risk of getting political, I just wanted to share this. Some of my family live in and around Vancouver, all former Oregonians who moved up there to save on taxes. They have bugged me for years to move up there. We actually considered it at one time. Subject came up again on Saturday. I responded with a comment on I639 and what it does to lawful gun owners. Found out they all voted in favor of it.

I told them I'm never moving to Washington, and a big part of that reason is the willingness of voters to strip rights away from their fellow citizens as well as raise fees and taxes on them. I don't appreciate being punished for the actions of criminals. Even being made one myself, just for existing. Then I walked out of the room before I started an argument.

Oregon has its own problems, but I'll stick to fighting here before I move to an even worse state for gun rights.

Sorry for you folks already in WA. You got hosed. Hopefully the courts will be friendly. I hear Trump and the Republicans are going to finally get some good picks in the 9th circuit. We can only hope. It's probably our last chance.

Last Edited:
At least some cops don't consider themselves to be mindless robots. Anyway it's also true they are not supposed to violate the state and federal constitutions. If you think there is no wiggle room for them, you are mistaken. Many cops in Oregon publicly declared they were not going to enforce Michael Bloomberg's latest abortion in that state.

Yeah well alot of county Sherreiffs said the same thing here in WA over I-594. But people have been prosected for violating I-594. You can't campare the 2 state in enforcement. Makes no sense.

Just wondering where all those, cold dead hand, not on my watch, and no compromise dudes that swore they would not let this happen?

:rolleyes:

We can't stop what laws are passed, but we can rise together as a group and say NO. They may be able to pick off individuals, but they can't take down a large group....Bundy stand off in Nevada for example.

This country did not form by people caving in...they forsook the laws...and history is due to repeat itself. We are not the problem.

We can't stop what laws are passed, but we can rise together as a group and say NO. They may be able to pick off individuals, but they can't take down a large group....Bundy stand off in Nevada for example.

This country did not form by people caving in...they forsook the laws...and history is due to repeat itself. We are not the problem.

I agree completely, and is why these groups should not be looked upon as anything more then hype.
The walls are falling and they are claiming they won't let the walls fall.....there's yer sign.:rolleyes:

But they're worth it. Nothing like mag dumping a 20 round drum of burglar-be-gone on a cardboard target. :s0003:
:s0023::cool:
I read that smooth bore shotties might be ok, but im still looking at both the lynx12 and the Spets12 12ga "firearm." I'm trying to buy up my whole bucket list, so I'm compromising some and going with budget models. However that Spets12 is looking pretty awesome.

I read that smooth bore shotties might be ok, but im still looking at both the lynx12 and the Spets12 12ga "firearm." I'm trying to buy up my whole bucket list, so I'm compromising some and going with budget models. However that Spets12 is looking pretty awesome.
I don't know much about either but it looks like they're both on a Saiga receiver. I've shot plenty of those and like them. $449 is an amazing price if it runs well.

Oh, looks like the Lynx is a Saiga copy. AK copies can be good, bad or ugly. Hmm...

Yeah well alot of county Sherreiffs said the same thing here in WA over I-594. But people have been prosected for violating I-594.

I'm curious, do you have any links showing how many prosecutions there are, or giving details?

Of course, not all sheriffs in either state have said they won't arrest people. Only some of them have.

I agree completely, and is why these groups should not be looked upon as anything more then hype.
The walls are falling and they are claiming they won't let the walls fall.....there's yer sign.:rolleyes:

I'm not concerned with any walls falling. Got to fight what is dealt. The Molon Labe stickers and shirts mean nothing without action.

This 1639 and whatever comes after, more than likely will look like California at some point. Each person should prepare in their own way, and examine themselves how far they will get pushed. There's only two responses, give in or fight...legally, and possibly physically. If one decides to fight, either legally or physically, it can't fall on the shoulders of a few, it must take the whole village...or all is lost.

I'm curious, do you have any links showing how many prosecutions there are, or giving details?

Of course, not all sheriffs in either state have said they won't arrest people. Only some of them have.
The only one I know of came two years after the initiative passed:
First criminal case filed from background check law, two years later
In searching I ran across two more that I hadn't heard of:
Washington Murder Case Results In Gun Charge Under 2014 Background Check Law
Gun Theft At Cabela's Triggers Second Prosecution Under Background Check Law
These are the only ones I'm (now) aware of. Still a remarkably ineffective law.

The only one I know of came two years after the initiative passed:
First criminal case filed from background check law, two years later
In searching I ran across two more that I hadn't heard of:
Washington Murder Case Results In Gun Charge Under 2014 Background Check Law
Gun Theft At Cabela's Triggers Second Prosecution Under Background Check Law
These are the only ones I'm (now) aware of. Still a remarkably ineffective law.
Depends on your point of view. If one happens to be on the administrative side of this thing, they and their cadre might be just tickled pink to push papers around on a desk, and send off memo's to their crazy counterparts in New York and California asking, "what's next!"

I'm curious as to how much money is brought in through the background checks? Whether or not it is a PITA for ALL involved, I still wonder if it in fact does make some money. And we all know it is a nice deterrent to the purchase, sale or trading of firearms between lawful individuals.......subjects?

So I would argue that it is very effective, just not in the way that most people might think.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top