JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So when you do a temporary transfer on a pistol do they still have to fill out and send in the pistol registration that's required now?

If so i was thinking and I could be wrong (often am) that doing alot of transfers would overload the sheriffs offices and they would get upset and fight 594 with us. My thinking is that we have to prove that the law is a silly waste of time and money other then only having a rally at the capital.

We would need ffl's that would forgo the charge and a bunch of people to transfer there pistols back and forth. Then call the news station (probably wouldn't come) and tell them what we ate trying to do.

Any thoughts in just thinking on the forum

They would not change something based on that. It would be like sending a 1000 people to the DMV all at once. They would just make you wait for a month. There is no incentive to change something that because it does not work well.

They would just make you wait for a month. There is no incentive to change something that because it does not work well.
Yep the shop I just bought my GP 100 from was telling me on black Friday the 'system' had like 693 BG checks backed up - all they could do was to put all the guns on lay a way that didn't make it by close of business and wait until everything caught up.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Right now the DOL is processing pistol sales from September 2013!! Wait until all the new transfers come in since there is no money budgeted by 594.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I was under the impression WA background checks were all performed over the phone with a federal agency.
At least that's what I see when I pick up a gun at my FFL. Fill out 2 pages, he gets on the phone for 3-4 minutes.
Deal is done, pay the man and go home. That's the last I see or hear of it.

What does the local sheriffs office have to do with it?

I was under the impression WA background checks were all performed over the phone with a federal agency.
At least that's what I see when I pick up a gun at my FFL. Fill out 2 pages, he gets on the phone for 3-4 minutes.
Deal is done, pay the man and go home. That's the last I see or hear of it.

What does the local sheriffs office have to do with it?

They are for long guns and handgun with CPL, without a CPL paperwork and background is sent to local Sheriff .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top