JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, the Comcast issue is resolved. First tried marking all messages from NWFA as "not spam" but that didn't work....the Comcast spam filters still snagged them, but no other "spam".
So I just completely turned off the Comcast spam filters and that did the trick...I am getting messages again from NWFA.
Very odd to me that until a few days ago everything from NWFA was getting through just fine, then suddenly it wasn't. Very odd, too, that Comcast spam filters let an assortment of spam come through but was snagging email only from NWFA, and very odd, also, that I never turned on the spam filter on my Comcast email preferences page, yet it was on.
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions!

Yeah GREAT! Seems we don't even have the option to "Allow" mail from NFA on the spam filter with comcast. Heelava system they've got there isn't it? I just got in there this morning and shut it off, let's see now what kind of carp will start pouring in.

Just read a headline that said Google was ceasing their compulsory Google+ logins. Didn't read it.

My philosophy on Google is that unless you totally don't use their search engine, etc., they pretty much know most everything you do.

I am a software engineer. I used to work for one of the larger corps that managed online advertising campaigns. One of the corps they worked with was Google. Google pretty much anonymizes your data - it isn't like they are sharing your name or explicitly what you talk about in your emails - they capture keywords.

This is life on the internet - Google and any site you visit - pretty much know where you have been on the internet. The government not only knows that, they know just about every other electronic communication you have made.

This should be of no surprise to anyone who uses the internet.

Unless you go to great lengths, this is pretty much true whether you use Gmail or not - whether you host your own email or not.

I accept this (for now) and just generally do not discuss certain topics electronically. Of course the gov. knows I have firearms and so does Amazon and Google - but you rarely see me mention which ones (unless I have them for sale or I recently bought them from an FFL).

YMMV and you can make your choices as you see fit, but I don't fool myself into thinking that I am hiding anything from Google, Amazon or the gov. if I use any kind of electronic comms.

MikeJ, as I mentioned in one of the posts in this thread, the only "spam" in my Comcast folder was from NWFA....so maybe nothing noticeable will change in your inbox.
Sure wish there was some way to get to the bottom of this very strange mystery. no point in calling Comcast because they will never admit to having anything to do with it. My spam filters must have activated themselves.

I don't use anything by Google. I am a retired systems administrator with a long history of cutting edge internet usage. Google makes it's primary profit selling you, the customer, as its main product. They may be able to pry certain information on you out of other aspects of your net activity, but why make it easy for them? Have you ever gone to a web page by accident, something like SailboatToilets.com, and then suddenly started receiving spam emails for all things related to sailboats? That's Google at work. You are their product. I use Yahoo, or DuckDuckGo for searches, and Safari for browsing. In Safari I can exclude all cookies, or maybe just third party tracking cookies if I want to. I can add things like AdBlock and Ghostery, that also block advertising and advertiser data mining. I run my own spam filters at the server level with procmail. I can send emails to a spam folder or to dev/null, the computer equivalent of a black hole.

Yep, I'm sure what I'm doing is not 100% effective, but again, why make things easier for them?

Do Not Track Me is a free utility that works pretty well. It does have trouble in playing You Tube Flash videos in my IE, bit otherwise I have found it to be a useful tool in the toolkit.

My dislike for Comcast is not for print. Their techs are great, but up at "customer service" and beyond it's a despicable company loaded with arrogance and obstinate attitudes.

I was having issues with my DOCSIS 2.0 cable modem so I ordered a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem from Amazon. I hooked up the modem and called called Comcast tech support so I can give them the MAC address of the new modem. I gave the tech the information.

30 minutes later the tech called back saying the modem could not be activated since someone else had the cable modem. I contacted the seller through Amazon.com asking if the modem was stolen or was registered to another Comcast user. I got a reply back saying they don't sell stolen items. Comcast intentionally does that so they can charge a modem rental fee even though I bought the modem myself. I called again a spoke to another service tech and told him the story and if I had problems again then I would like to speak to his supervisor.

So my modem was active and the I got a email confirmation that I was going to be charged a $8.00 cable modem fee even though I bought my own cable modem. I called Comcast again and spoke to a customer service rep and she modified my account so I would not be charged a cable modem fee.

Last Edited:
I recently went from a DOCSIS 2.0 modem to a 3.0, also bought at Amazon, and when I called Comcast to give them the MAC address I had no problems. I was up and running in minutes, so they must randomly try this stuff on customers, just like they must randomly turn a customer's spam filters on.
Comcast is so huge I don't think the left knows what the right hand is doing most of the time, and in the other instances I don't think you'll ever get them to admit to anything, like screwing up my streaming Netflix content so it constantly buffers. Netflix works great through other ISPs but Comcast wants you to buy your streaming content from *them*....not Netflix. Comcast's a horrible ISP but there's not a whole lotta choice in my area.

I actually had the same issue with my cable modem. I bought it new and had been using it for two months when it became 'unregistered' in their system. I called and they told me it was a stolen modem! Got it sorted out eventually, but they don't make it easy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top