JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an account with Comcast and also use [email protected] for my email address. I have a couple of forums that I have set up to "watch" on NW Firearms and suddenly in the last few days I have stopped getting the email notifications of a new thread in those groups.
I am aware of Comcast's views on guns in general so I'm thinking this sudden loss of notifications stems from something they have set up as general filters for anything related to firearms.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

I don't think so. If they are filtering, I'm still getting all the NRA email on my comcast account just fine. Maybe check your spam filter?

When you select to watch the area are you also selecting to receive emails or just through your control panel?

When you select to watch the area are you also selecting to receive emails or just through your control panel?

I have the preferences set to:

"Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply... and receive email notifications of replies"

When you replied, I've been getting updates but on my gmail account. Maybe try setting the same thing and see if you get it?

EDIT: Sorry deadeye, I didn't realize I was responding to you.. sorry about that.

I have the preferences set to:

"Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply... and receive email notifications of replies"

When you replied, I've been getting updates but on my gmail account. Maybe try setting the same thing and see if you get it?

EDIT: Sorry deadeye, I didn't realize I was responding to you.. sorry about that.
The OP is watching "forums" not the threads he has created or participating in.

Yes, I have set preferences to receive an email notification when there is a new thread in the forums I'm watching, and until a few days ago everything was going fine...I was getting between 10-12 email notifications per day. Now, nothing.
I have been watching these particular forums and getting email notifications for about 3 weeks with no problems.

I suggest you abandon the [email protected] email and get a shell account and personal domain hosting here:

<broken link removed>

For as little as $40 per year you can have your own domain name, webpage, and mail service. If you can register HHT.COM, or some other name that suits you, you can then have it hosted at Eskimo North, and your email address can be [email protected]. Your web page would be at www.HHT.com. Eskimo North is a Seattle area company that is independent of Comcast or anyone else. You can get DSL through them at very reasonable prices too, or you can stay with Comcast for your connection only, and simply not use any Comcast features. Eskimo North does not filter or throttle content. You can set up your own mail filters, or use their generic spam filters. You can get instant, live human, customer service at their 800 number about 16 hours a day. My web pages, email, and DSL access are all through EN, and I'm very happy with them.

And I am not getting email notifications of replies to this thread I just started a little while ago.

This just started with me too a couple of days ago? All of the NWFA notifications are now going to the "Spam" section? I tried "Marking as not spam" but they continue going to spam.

One other thing that happened at the same time it would seem.....I received a phone call while I was on a phone call, get the little "bee-boop-boop" and look to see who it is but I don't take the call. Well, I've not had/paid Comcast for Voice mail. If I've clicked on the voice mail tab on the Comcast web site it says I don't have voice mail! But noe I'm able to hit the voice mail tab and go there but have no way to listen to the voice mails. Now all of a sudden I've got the flashing light on my phone that says I have voice mail, but I'm not able to get to and listen to the voice mails I have!? I called from my cell, and left a voice mail, so I heard the voice that says "Leave a voice mail".

I haven't even called Comcast yet. I dread calling Comcast! "We care sooo much about your call" Yada Yada....Phhhttt!

Mike

Mike, your post was a big help. I use spam filters that are an integral part of my email software (Mozilla Thunderbird) but I had never set up the ones that are actually part of my Comcast Xfinity account.
So after reading your email I went into my Comcast email set up and found that the spam filter was enabled there (who did that?), and about 30 messages from NWFA were there, as well. They were the *only* emails that Comcast's spam filter had grabbed so that in itself is rather suspicious to me.

I marked them all as "not spam" and will see if NWFA emails are reaching my inbox today. If they're not, I will go back into the Xfinity email set up and remove the spam filter altogether. If NWFA emails are the only ones it's grabbing, what good is it anyway?

Yeah, I dread calling Comcast, too, but I don 't think I'll have to this time. Might just do what ZigZagZeke suggested instead.

I suggest using GMail instead. It is free and their spam filters are decent.

Using an ISP email account is not wise IMO - the problem is that when you go to a different ISP then you have to change all your contact info anywhere you used that ISP account - which is a hassle - one I did away with years ago.

I suggest using GMail instead. It is free and their spam filters are decent.

Using an ISP email account is not wise IMO - the problem is that when you go to a different ISP then you have to change all your contact info anywhere you used that ISP account - which is a hassle - one I did away with years ago.

I would never have anything to do with Gmail. In fact, I deleted all Google accounts and activity on my computers quite a while ago. They now make you log into all your Google apps simultaneously, so that they can track you across all your activities. They are watching your contacts, your location, the content of your emails, where you shop, etc. Google makes its money selling this information to advertisers. Since it exists, it's exposed to NSA snooping as well.

As far as having to change contact info when going to a different ISP, that's not true. If you own a domain, like I own zzzeke.com, you can host that domain wherever you choose to. I had it hosted at Bluehost at first, then at Eskimo later. My email address never changed. It's always been [email protected]. That's the advantage to owning a domain name. You can acquire (register) a domain name at any domain registrar. I use Network Solutions. Go to their web page and see if a name you like is available. You can then register that domain name with them for a small fee. From that point on you own it, and it can be hosted just about anywhere.

Well, the Comcast issue is resolved. First tried marking all messages from NWFA as "not spam" but that didn't work....the Comcast spam filters still snagged them, but no other "spam".
So I just completely turned off the Comcast spam filters and that did the trick...I am getting messages again from NWFA.
Very odd to me that until a few days ago everything from NWFA was getting through just fine, then suddenly it wasn't. Very odd, too, that Comcast spam filters let an assortment of spam come through but was snagging email only from NWFA, and very odd, also, that I never turned on the spam filter on my Comcast email preferences page, yet it was on.
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top