JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to be putting my Class III Ruger Mini-14 Pearl Mfg conversion up for sale. Does anybody have suggestions for Class III dealers in the Portland Metro area who would be willing to assist in the transfer?

Also, would this be the proper forum to advertise or should it go in the standard rifle classifieds?

Googled it and it looks like select fire. If you want to list it for sale, it belongs in in the Rifle Classifieds with the usual mention of NFA regulated gun.

As far as a dealer, I would call Northwest Armory. They sell a lot of cans and so forth so they can definitely help you out with the paperwork.

For an in state private sale, do you really need to have a FFL involved for a NFA transfer? The BATFE takes care of the whole background check thing as part of the transfer. I've bought 2 FA guns in state from private parties and we didn't go a background check, but then again that was before that stupid law was passed.

For an in state private sale, do you really need to have a FFL involved for a NFA transfer? The BATFE takes care of the whole background check thing as part of the transfer. I've bought 2 FA guns in state from private parties and we didn't go a background check, but then again that was before that stupid law was passed.

Out of curiosity how did you handle payment? Did you use an escrow service to hold the funds while the NFA paperwork was being completed?

My thoughts about using an FFL is you have a secure public place for the buyer to inspect the rifle where the seller does not need to worry about getting robbed. Also I want to make sure I'm not getting sideways with any agency that could result in issues with my security clearance or making a stupid mistake that could result in losing my 2A rights.

Out of curiosity how did you handle payment? Did you use an escrow service to hold the funds while the NFA paperwork was being completed?

My thoughts about using an FFL is you have a secure public place for the buyer to inspect the rifle where the seller does not need to worry about getting robbed. Also I want to make sure I'm not getting sideways with any agency that could result in issues with my security clearance or making a stupid mistake that could result in losing my 2A rights.
First gun I met the seller at a Mc Donalds. Checked out the gun in the parking lot and did the paper work inside. I payed by personal check. Got a signed sales contract.

Second gun I met the seller at his house. Well, actually it was the machine shop behind his house. That was quite the collection of old tools. I payed with cash. He had already filled out the paperwork. Got a signed sales contract.

I sent in the paperwork both times by myself. It isn't nearly as difficult as doing your taxes, only a couple of pages.

Last gun was from a dealer, so he took care of the paperwork. Payed by check. Tom Denal has a sterling reputation.

If you are in the Salem area, Welcome to Mike's Guns is who I am going thru to receive an out of state NFA transfer. $50 is the lowest price I've seen in Oregon for handling a NFA transfer. He has the gun now and I'm waiting for the stamp. I sent the seller, who lives in Georgia, a check for $7000 for the gun and accessories. He sent me everything except the lower that has the serial number. I only saw photos of the gun before buying it. I've never personally met the seller either, but he is a member of Uzitalk.com and has a prettier good reputation so I felt like the deal was on the up and up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top