JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had posted this under a previous build thread, but figured I should start a fresh one since this one was a little atypical from a standard pistol build.

Copy & Pasted from Apr 20:

Just finished the PF940v2 today and have to say it looks like they still have some fine tuning to work out on the V2's. I had to do a little filing on the rear locking block legs and knock a tad of the frame edge just to get it started. It took a half dozen or so bits at a time to get it to go and a good amount of pressure to get it fully seated.

The rear slide assembly was just ever so slightly out of pin alignment as well. I tried every which way I could to get it seated low enough for proper pin alignment. Interestingly though... the trigger housing holes lined up perfectly. I half wonder if they didn't take their production measurments pre nickel plating and it's throwing off the rail assembly ever so slightly. I dunno though. The rear rail heights and clearances are spot on so in the end I decided against removing any plating or material from the bottom of the assembly. As a "last resort" I cleared the trigger housing and redrilled the rail pin holes while seated in the frame to remove just the tinies bit of metal. It was barely a hairs worth, but still... not especially happy removing "anything" off the pin holes.

Everythings tight and level though so I'll see how it runs over time.

The only other kinda sorta issues were the locking block pins. I used the same supplier for SS as the previous builds, but I'll tell ya... I had to really "work" getting them in. At first I thought there must be some slight tolerance issues from previous pin orders, but OEM's didn't want to go in either so I'm leaning a little toward tighter tolerances on the locking block pin holes themselves. I didn't end up having to drill them, but if they don't work themselves out a bit during break-in I'm not exactly looking forward to a full disassembly.

The only real variation from the previous builds was using small wire cutters to remove the tabs instead of grinding them off with a dremel. MUCH simpler and cleaner removal, very little filing required and finish work was a breeze. I'll likely repeat that on any future builds.

Overall I'm quite happy with it. Threw a G22 slide on it and it's running flawlessly so far. A lot more "futzing" this time with the PF940v2, but at least I can say it's TIGHT and rock solid. ;)

As soon as the CCU arrives I realize I'll likely have a couple of light mods to fit it properly, but at least the hard parts over.

Last Edited:
The follow-up:
ccurt.jpg
ccufulllt.jpg

So... yes! The Polymer80 full size works like a charm on the CCU's... with very slight modification.

The only thing that needed to be done was to file back the thickness on the forward polymer locking block guides. I ended up having to take them back to almost dead on half thickness to get the CCU latch to engage the slide lock, but in no way affects the performance of the lower.

Worth noting: The poly80 guides are twice as thick as an actual Glocks so, in affect, filing them down just put them on par with the glock's guides.

I left it quite tight so it takes quite a bit of pressure to release the lower, but it was my intention to leave it attached so "tight" is good.

I put 74rnds through the CCU (2x22rnd, 2x15rnd) and ran flawlessly. I then put the G22 slide on it and ran 4-15's through that to ensure the mod hadn't affected performance. We're all good!

I had stuck the burris FF III on it and it's quite a hoot to shoot. It's most defiantely going to need a riser if I keep the reflex sight on it, but I couldn't wait until it came in to throw a few out of it.

Great fun, that! ;-)

As a side tip for anyone wanting to pick up an MT CCU... I purchased mine through glockparts (dot) com for $15 less than the factory website as well as $13 shipping vs. the factory sites $35. The CCU itself is a drop ship from the factory anyway so it's always nice to save a few bucks.

Last Edited:
...glad to see they were mostly wrong.

Exactly! In all fairness... "out of the box" they don't. The thicker polymer at the head of the block doesn't affect a standard slide in the least but it's just a hair too thick to fit into the mounting assembly stop of the CCU. Cutting/filing it back to the same forward rail length of an OEM glock lower though... fit's like a glove!

Pretty minor mod considering the cutting/milling you already put into the 80 lower.

It's nice being able to have your cake and eat it too! Meaning... packing a carbine and sidearm sharing mags vs. one or the other at a time. There's just something not quite right about having a naked upper sitting around without any pants on. :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews