JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
@VanceInWA

• Implement a national database to prohibit gun ownership for mental health reasons

Do you not know this already exists? You have to, you are on a gun forum. right?

I'll go one further. which diagnoses in the DSM-5 should be restricted? All of them? How about F17.203? that's a psychiatric condition.

I vote for polls only implemented by people who are knowledgeable on the subject.

You can't harden schools enough, it's not possible. To do so would make them prisons. That's not a comprehensive solution.
Curious. They had terrorists shooting up Israeli schools in the first few decades of Israel as a country. In 1974 they taught teachers to shoot and hardened the buildings. Since 1974 there have been only 2 similar events. 48 years. Israeli students seem fine with it. Who wouldn't be? Until you can "ban" terrorism, why not prepare to withstand it and shoot back?

Dang, it's sad to see how many gun enthusiasts support these laws. Not a single of the proposals would have an effect in stopping mass shootings, or reducing deaths in general. If a law has zero efficacy, what's the point except to harass gun owners and virtue signal that you care?

I would have thought the community here would have known better. Life ban for hate crimes?? Jesus....

Curious. They had terrorists shooting up Israeli schools in the first few decades of Israel as a country. In 1974 they taught teachers to shoot and hardened the buildings. Since 1974 there have been only 2 similar events. 48 years. Israeli students seem fine with it. Who wouldn't be? Until you can "ban" terrorism, why not prepare to withstand it and shoot back?
I agree, my premise was the ideas that do not include "shooting back" are destined to fail.

You can improve school security, but if it doesn't include an armed response, it's not going to work against someone intent on evil.

This is a useless post IMO. That being said, every point there calls for some sort of give away with nothing in return. That's been happening for decades now.

Nice try. Us peons don't have the ability to haggle with gun/constitution haters, you get what they pass.
Largely because we don't propose the laws, they just force their uninformed and authoritarian laws through whenever they get power and "our side" doesn't do anything about it when we get power. Neither party is pro 2a, one just gives it lip service to get votes, the other actively dismantles it.

Last Edited:
Largely because we don't propose the laws, they just force their uninformed and authoritarian laws through whenever they get power and "our side" doesn't do anything about it when we get power. Neither party is pro 2a, one just gives it lip service to get votes, the other actively dismantles it.
So then why vote for it if you can't change it? Just curious, not flaming.

Putting a poll like this on a gun forum is like asking your mechanic if you need brakes or your roofer if you need shingles or your plumber if you need new pipes. You know the answer you're going to get before asking

How does such a BS poll get so many votes on a gun forum?

🤔

This country is doomed, ain't it?
The "poll" is basically FLAWED by the lack of a "NONE OF THE ABOVE" response. It is obviously an anti-firearm TRAP to be used against us at some future point. Could be that many voting are "fly-bys" and not actual gun owners or active in the firearm community. Not the first time anti's have used rigged "polls" to further their objectives.
The country certainly does seem to be doomed in so many ways- killed by the rot within our society, rather than overt attack by a foreign military.,

I've been seeing alot of posts here lately people supporting ripping up our rights... perhaps we have found some of the reasons rights are dissappearing...clearly they forget about the main law involved in shootings...murder, thats illegal....is it stopping people from murdering? No, so why not look at whats causing violent crimes....banning tools will only cause these lunatics to find another tool for doing crimes, give it time it'll happen.

I know why... its too hard...the family unit has been under attack for many years, no father figures and abuse is making some monsters.... it's always easier to blame the mcfrys for being fat versus the fat persons hands shoveling frys.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads