JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
There are more than 20,000 gun-related laws and regulations in the United States. Empirical studies have consistently shown, however, that gun control measures have a very mild effect on the number of gun-related deaths; more important are socioeconomic variables like poverty level, unemployment, domestic violence, increased urbanization, gang activity, and substance abuse (especially alcohol). Regardless the scientific reality, proponents of gun control relentlessly march on. Demographic studies show that the least likely person to support gun control is a Republican or Independent Male, while the most likely person to support gun control is a Democrat Female. A 2015 study by Peterson found that 52% of Republicans favored some form of gun control, while 64% of Democrats did. Gun control advocates especially like to leverage the raw emotions of Americans when mass shootings occur (e.g., the recent shootings in Buffalo NY and Uvalde TX). And clearly, this country is experiencing repeated mass murders using firearms, despite that we are one of the world's richest and most developed nations. Gun owners, and the nonprofit associations they belong to, have long guarded the Second Amendment and their right to bear arms with the fewest limitations possible, but even some gun owners have been emotionally tweaked by the latest mass shootings, especially the 19 children killed in Uvalde. So this poll is presented as a way to ascertain general perspectives from NWFA members when it comes to some of the more popular gun control measures that have been proposed. Unfortunately, this website limits it to just a thumbs up or down poll for each measure as opposed to a weighted choice (such as a 1 low to 5 high scale for each measure). And I want to reiterate that this poll is in NO WAY intended to promote gun control, its only intent is to elicit NWFA member perspectives.

I don't "support" a single one of those. :( Where's the "not" choices in that list?

We should not have our Rights diminished. If I want to park an F15 in my front yard, only the HOA should complain. :)

texascarry.jpg

You don't have any none of the above options, and 10 unconsitutional pro-gun-control options, so your poll is invalid. I also have to question why you thought this was a good idea. "Elicit perspectives" in this case seems more like "create a divisive sh**show on the forum", which nobody needs. If you're bored, go outside.

I don't "support" a single one of those. :( Where's the "not" choices in that list?

We should not have our Rights diminished. If I want to park an F15 in my front yard, only the HOA should complain. :)

View attachment 1209031
This was not a "don't support" poll, so "not" choices omitted, as well as "none of the above." If don't select any, then that is same as none of the above.

You don't have any none of the above options, and 10 unconsitutional pro-gun-control options, so your poll is invalid. I also have to question why you thought this was a good idea. "Elicit perspectives" in this case seems more like "create a divisive sh**show on the forum", which nobody needs. If you're bored, go outside.
Calm down LDmax, you don't need to get your undies in a bundies. This is not about being divisive, it is simply ascertaining perspectives. If we can't even broach the discussion in an objective manner then that is its own problem. If you don't want to participate then skip it, but please constrain the attitude.

This was not a "don't support" poll, so "not" choices omitted, as well as "none of the above." If don't select any, then that is same as none of the above.
I'd add the none of the above option to get a clearer view.

I voted for UBCs, RFLs, and a mental health database with some caveats.

NICs needs to be available for the public to use without a 4473 and FFL and without requiring any federal recording of the serial number or type of firearm.

Red Flag Laws and a mental health database need to be written so that they don't violate your right to due process and with similar penalties to filing a false report if used maliciously, and they get the recipient the help they need and provide ways to get off the prohibited person list once things are under control.

Last Edited:
Calm down LDmax, you don't need to get your undies in a bundies. This is not about being divisive, it is simply ascertaining perspectives. If we can't even broach the discussion in an objective manner then that is its own problem. If you don't want to participate then skip it, but please constrain the attitude.
You're neither ascertaining perspectives nor being objective by using a very obviously skewed poll. The title says "or not", but there isn't a single 'against' option, and 10 'for' options. You're clearly either trolling or clueless.

You're neither ascertaining perspectives nor being objective by using a very obviously skewed poll.
I'll respond one more time to you at the risk of just engaging in a ping-pong match, but as I said in the introduction this is a list of gun control measures that have been proposed by advocates. Their side, not ours. No doubt people like you and I are not in favor of them, perhaps none of them, but whether that is true for all NWFA members remains to be seen.

At the very least, the title of the poll is disingenuous. You might as well take out the "or not", since your poll is only representing one side.

Nothing there in the poll that I would vote for.

As noted in the OP there are 20,000 or so firearm laws in place already.
If laws , bans and restrictions worked....then why do we have so many and why do we need more...?

If you want more of the same , keep doing as you always have done
If you want a different outcome....then do something different.
Andy

Didn't vote because all the choices are restrictions on our Second Amendment Rights….

I'm for more spending on mental health solutions, but with results this time!!!

Nothing there in the poll that I would vote for.

As noted in the OP there are 20,000 or so firearm laws in place already.
If laws , bans and restrictions worked....then why do we have so many and why do we need more...?

If you want more of the same , keep doing as you always have done
If you want a different outcome....then do something different.
Andy
What these two gentleman said. :s0155:

You should add a ghost gun question on there. Id be curious what the consensus is on that within the pro gun community.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top