JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Has anyone ever considered reversing the NICS situation?? Instead of the FFL contacting the FBI for approval, the FBI has to provide a list of prohibited persons that is accessible by the FFL. The FFL looks you up, you aren't on the list, you take your gun home. No possible registry, no government delays. Truly an instant system. That I might support. The FBI's only responsibility is to make sure everyone that belongs on the list, i.e. convicted felon, adjudicated mentally ill, dishonorable discharge, etc. are on the list. That information is all government-generated anyway so the FBI should have easy access to the names that belong on the list. And substantial penalties for them putting anyone on the list by mistake!!
I think this is a great idea. It could be structured very much like the existing OFAC prohibited persons and organizations list/service that financial institutions are required to to check to prevent them from doing business with known criminals in certain categories.

The OP left out the choice, None of the above.
accidentally-on-purpose.jpg

Like everyone else is saying there needs to be a none option. I oppose everything up there on that list. The only thing I might be somewhat in favor of is something for under 21s that doesn't completely take away their right to have a weapon, but perhaps that requires a guardian/parent present or signature or something like that, just to add an extra bit of maturity/safety. But that's it and I'm honestly hesitant to even say that. All gun control seems to function like give an inch they take a mile.

Israeli schools were under attack from terrorist for decades. They did something about it: In 1974, they hardened their schools. They did not demand that their own citizens give away their means of self-defense. They improved security by learning from previous attacks...

Israel learned early that begging for mercy doesn't cut it. Now they shoot back and attacks have dropped to nearly zero.
As I said in another, similarly-themed thread, "Do what the Israelis did..."

My browser gave an error when I tried to cast my vote by not selecting anything so it did not work for me.
Can someone give us a consensus of what the votes are cause I am not going to vote for something just to see the results I'm not Nancy Pelosi.
Same here
In the bottom right corner of the poll window, there are two toggles: Cast Vote and View Results.

Shiit gun control 'poll'.jpg
Click the View Results toggle and you will see the results of the "poll" without having to cast a vote for gun control.

Last Edited:
Didn't vote because all the choices are restrictions on our Second Amendment Rights….

I'm for more spending on mental health solutions, but with results this time!!!
What he said... I couldn't vote because I have to select at least one of the boxes and I take exception to ALL of the boxes

@Andy54Hawken This thread needs to go NOW. The way it is structured is designed to produce a positive seeming reaction to these proposals from "gun owners". This poll is designed to generate anti-gun propaganda. It will not allow you to vote if you do not support at least one gun control measure. I can see this poll being the starting point for a whole new bogus narrative about how "43% of gun owners polled support a lifetime ban on gun ownership for hate crimes", etc. Please dump this thread now.

@Andy54Hawken This thread needs to go NOW. The way it is structured is designed to produce a positive seeming reaction to these proposals from "gun owners". This poll is designed to generate anti-gun propaganda. It will not allow you to vote if you do not support at least one gun control measure. I can see this poll being the starting point for a whole new bogus narrative about how "43% of gun owners polled support a lifetime ban on gun ownership for hate crimes", etc. Please dump this thread now.
Exactly! It is extremely rare when I would advocate for having a post removed, but this poll should be taken down. ZigZagZeke is 100% correct that it's engineered to generate bogus results for use as propaganda

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads