Poll for AR15s & other sporting rifles

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by nwslopoke, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:

I owned one AR15 then I...

1. Sold it and never purchased another firearm

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. Sold it to purchase another firearm

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Bought additional AR15s

23 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. Started buiding AR15s

56 vote(s)
    67.5%
  1. ron

ron
    Vancouver, Washington
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Today's AR ain't your Daddy's SP-1.:eek::eek::eek: Leupold 1X4 Green Fire Dot
    DSC00142.JPG

Basedgreaser and Flymph like this.
  2. Ruger Rich

Ruger Rich
    The Real Milwaukie
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

I've owned three, all very recent. One, an AR15, I flipped because I got it so very cheap and came close to doubling my money. Never shot it. The second is a new AR10 which I bought because I like the .308 round and because I see it as far more useful than a .223. It does cause me to spend more bucks than I want on ammo. The third is from a member on here just because we are very good friends, it's in .223. I certainly dont want to get this into a controversial discussion but other than having a lot of fun or shooting coyotes I dont see too many practical applications for the .223. I know there are a ton of folks that see it as a home defense weapon but I see so many other weapons as a better choice for that application. I'll keep the two I have and enjoy them. I'm taking my wife out soon with the 15 and I know she'll have a blast. I just cant shake blue and walnut.

Ura-Ki and Flymph like this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I bought a Colt AR15A2 Sporter-II, for $560 back in ‘87 at the Kaiserslautern Rod and Gun Club near Ramstien-AB in Germany. I bought a Beretta 92F for slightly more than the AR @ the Heidelberg Rod & Gun Club in ‘88.

That’s a bit of dough when adjusted for inflation.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Flymph and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki
    Doin Patriot Stuff

Any one member Fairly Honest Dons Machine Gun Parlor? Bought a H-K Mod 53 from them for $870 plus tax stamp! Today's price makes me sick! Sure wish I had kept it!

Velzey likes this.
  5. nwslopoke

nwslopoke
    forest grove

I was at Bitburg 87-89. Unfortunately I spent my money on stereos and a car. One's in the garage and the other I gave to a young couple (E-1). On a quiet night I can still hear a faint Radio Luxemburg signal on that stupid stereo I've been lugging around 30 years.

Capn Jack and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. ma96782

ma96782
    Vancouver, WA

I started my addiction with ARs after my first taste of a COLT SP-1. Then, I bought another. Yup....cravings. As COLT would change the features and offer more, I bought more. I even sold some, to fund my habit. Then, just before the ban, I started to assemble them. And YES, I admit it, I even sold some during the ban just to keep me in money for other firearms. Truthfully, I was also secretly buying during the ban. Just towards the end, I was having withdrawal symptoms. I just needed one more. "Just one," I promised myself. Then, the ban lifted. Hallelujah!!! It was such a relief. I could now continue with my nasty habit of acquiring ARs. I'm sooo bad. Help me!

For the record.....I haven't purchased a new one for the last couple of years.o_O

Aloha, Mark
    (Recovering ARholic)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    nwslopoke and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Capn Jack

Capn Jack
    Wet-Stern Washington

To me there is nothing in the firearms world any prettier than full stocked spoon handled Mauser.:rolleyes:
    But, I'm fascinated by "Lego-Block Rifles".:D My first was an A1 that spent most of it's life in the back of the safe because I couldn't hunt with it and hated the sight /handle. Now it's only original parts are, the lower reciever and the barrel. It has morphed into a poor man's varmiter. It still resides in the safe, but now it's surrounded by multi calibers of AR's, from
    .177 Pellet, to .458 Socom, even an AR look-a-like 12GA. :eek:
    I think I'll quit now while I can still close the door.:)

nwslopoke likes this.
  8. Wombat of Doom

Wombat of Doom
    Beaverton

I wasn't a huge fan of ARs till I got some alternative caliber uppers.

9. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Mmm, pizza, CHOMP!

Nor I, until those ulcerated, syphilitic dicks in Olympia and the festering pustules in the p*ss-hole of humanity that infest Seattle tried to tell us we can't have 'em...

Seriously, Seattle needs to Party Like It's 1889.

Ura-Ki and Flymph like this.
  10. titsonritz

titsonritz
    has left the building.

Of that I am certain, not that it would matter one way or another, nor should it.

Isn't that what people do on an open forums? o_O But honestly I wouldn't think replying to two comments as "keep quoting me", regardless I assure you there is nothing nefarious with it, nor was I intending to single you out in any way for anything so please don't infer it that way.

I didn't take it that way and as I said above I comprehend where you are coming from.

11. uberguy

uberguy
    Bend

Was expecting to find that as a poll choice/option, disappointed it was not available.

solv3nt likes this.