JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I owned one AR15 then I...

• Sold it and never purchased another firearm

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Sold it to purchase another firearm

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Bought additional AR15s

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Started buiding AR15s

Votes: 56 66.7%

• Total voters
Reactions
I personally don't know or ever heard of anyone (that isn't making a political statement) buy and AR15, hate it so much that they sold it and moved onto something outside of firearms. Maybe making granola dog biscuits or something.

There is no vote that tracks with my experience either. I was late to the whole AR thing, at least owning one. Then I acquired one, SBRed and suppressed it, and called it good. Do I like it? Darn toot'n, I do. Do I feel the need for more? Not now. Maybe in the future, maybe not. (shrug)

382270-2413d29391e64c56d3b4e09ba2501c08.jpg

I didn't own one nor did I ever really think I wanted one until the left told me how bad and evil they are. Big mistake, I have since developed a passion for the black rifle due to its modularity. Its like Lego's for big boy's. Then of course when you have a few spare parts around... well there's another build.

Thanks Lefties, I needed another hobby

I didn't own one nor did I ever really think I wanted one until the left told me how bad and evil they are. Big mistake, I have since developed a passion for the black rifle due to its modularity. Its like Lego's for big boy's. Then of course when you have a few spare parts around... well there's another build.

About where I came from. "When some Leftofascist douche goes all jihad about how they don't think you should have something... it's time to go get as many of that something as you can..."

I have one but I am in the process of purchasing a few stripped lower receivers and doing starting my first build. I believe I will just buy a fully assembled upper. Or maybe an AR pistol? Not sure at this point.

Haha. No. Done with plastic and aluminum for now. The newest production long gun (Factory built at least) was built some time in the 80's and the production dates drop from there back to the 1890's...

5BB9BA58-2D4A-4D7D-8D89-91E40E5C8F69.jpeg

Same thing happened here, back in the late 80's. Didn't even own an AR or an AK. My dad was an FFL dealer and stacks of the them to ceiling I could have had as many as I wanted for dirt, but I wasn't even interested in them until I was told I couldn't. So you see you leftist idiots it is all your fault. Pat yourselves on the back, job well done.

None of these apply to me... since I only ever bought one and still have it. I probably wouldn't get rid of it given the choice, so I suppose that means I like it. I'm considering building another, or several...

Started with a Colt Hbar for competition shooting in the 80s. Now I have 6 lowers and 8 uppers.:D
View attachment 498735
If yours was a preban what was the going price at the time? Do you recall what some of the full autos were going for? I was stationed in Texas in 87. I recall a gun shop had a Mac 10 or a Tec 9 for $350 but I never asked if it was semi or full auto.

The first AR15 I owned ( a Colt SP-1 ) , I traded for a flintlock rifle...the look on the dealers face was priceless...:D

I now have another AR15 , home built , thanks to a member here.
I built it for two reasons :
One to show that it is just a rifle , no different than one of my flintlocks...
Two...just because some folks say I shouldn't have one...
Andy

As I've said before on this site, I have Barack Obama to thank for getting me my first AR. I liked AR's pre-2012, but never really had the itch to buy one. Then Sandy Hook happened and Obama and the Dems in DC went ape-sh!t crazy on the gun ban thing. Suddenly that rifle I had little interest in, became very, very interesting. Like many others, when some government d!ckweed tells me I can't own something because THEY don't like it, well, guess what, you make another AR owner/fan.

So yeah, I own AR's, I build AR's, I sell and trade AR's and I introduce people to AR's that have never shot them before.

And I have none other than Barack Obama and his Dem buddies in DC for getting me into AR's. Thanks guys!!! Never would have/could have done it without you!!!

Barack Obama - gun salesman of the decade!

Perception means more than truth at times...
I think this statement applies to the AR15 rifle.
I also think that we as gun owners can be our worst enemy in this matter , again at times.

Just google AR15 and take a look at the images that appear...watch the news or read a news report and hear or see how the AR15 rifle is described...Look at some of the sales hype an ads for the AR15 and its accessories....

How we as gun owners* view such items can be vastly different than how a non- gun owner sees them.
Our perception is often based on our experience or where we gather our information...which again can be worlds apart from the non-gun owner.

Please note that I am not:
Against AR15 owners or ownership...
Nor am I against someone owning any item which can be used for a AR15 rifle...
But I am saying that:
We as gun owners need to be aware that in order to promote the 2nd Amendment we might need to wade thru a river of misinformation , false assumptions , BS and outright lies...
That how we act in public with any firearm , can be seen as how all gun owners act...
That we need to make the perception of Most gun owners are law abiding and do not want to harm anyone...more of a mainstream reality and not just a meme seen on pro gun web sites and magazines...

* And yes I know that we as gun owners are split on the AR15 ownership issue...
Again a perception based issue....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top