JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can do this yourself for free with a little time, patience and elbow grease. Then you'll have the satisfaction of having done it yourself. There are a bunch of step by step videos on youtube.

I'm in that process myself. I have a Ruger SR1911CMD and I've begun the process of polishing it out. I started with I think it was 600 then 1000 wet then 2000 wet then a polishing wheel with Mother's Aluminum polish. It's going to need a lot more effort. My mistake was I didn't sand out the 600 enough before moving up, so I've got some deep marks that I need to go back and polish out. But like already stated, you'll feel better knowing that you've done it yourself! Good luck Later,
a6eza3a9.jpg ade3y5e3.jpg

Dennis in Idaho

I'm in that process myself. I have a Ruger SR1911CMD and I've begun the process of polishing it out. I started with I think it was 600 then 1000 wet then 2000 wet then a polishing wheel with Mother's Aluminum polish. It's going to need a lot more effort. My mistake was I didn't sand out the 600 enough before moving up, so I've got some deep marks that I need to go back and polish out. But like already stated, you'll feel better knowing that you've done it yourself! Good luck Later,
a6eza3a9.jpg ade3y5e3.jpg

Dennis in Idaho

Do you have to remove enough material that you erase the rollmarks?

Coop +1 that's great! And that wheel gun has lots of nooks and crannies that are a PITA to get good coverage, especially by hand! Looks quite a bit better than mine, so I'd better quit procrastinating. But I'm soooooo good at it too. LOL Thanks again Coop, great work. Later,
D.

Here is a before and after of my Mustang . . . Just take your time and if you don't feel comfortable doing it have a professional do it but it's fairly simple and straight forward. 20140503_191133.jpg SANY0202.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top