JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure you will find someone who is willing to do the work for about $100.00 an hour. Of course, it will depend on just what you are looking for. I'd guess 3-5 hours minimum for a four inch revolver. Good Luck.

Looking for a reputable gunsmith or someone who specializes in polishing stainless revolvers. Any members on here have any of their safe queens done up?

Hey Guy,
Unless your revolver has a satin finish, you can do it your self very easily. A satin finish is done with a special process that would be very hard to duplicate your self. Just take some #001 steel wool sprayed with WD-40 and rub longitudinally every surface. You must disassemble every component that requires polishing.
Rub, but keep it moist with WD-40 when rubbing. Polish until the desired finish is obtained on each piece then reassemble. When you are done, coat it with NU-Finish car polish that will last for a long time before reapplying later. The NU-Finish polish will also remove the Black residue cause from the steel wool... The finish will be a light luster shine.
Save your self some Bucks, and enjoy doing it!
Larry 243

If he does it himself he won't have anyone to blame when it doesn't come out the way he wants! That and the fact that the job depends on just what Stainless Steel is involved. Some SS will polish and some won't.

If he does it himself he won't have anyone to blame when it doesn't come out the way he wants! That and the fact that the job depends on just what Stainless Steel is involved. Some SS will polish and some won't.

You are correct,
I would hope that he would want to sample the butt end before he doe the face of it. I have done this on a Sig 40, and a 9mm that looks and finished up very nice. Most hand guns that are Stainless are from the 400 series alloys due to it's heat treat properties. It does polish up well.
I would hope he would enjoy and try to do it his self... But, you may have to live with your learning curve.
Larry243

Hey Guy,
Unless your revolver has a satin finish, you can do it your self very easily. A satin finish is done with a special process that would be very hard to duplicate your self.
Larry 243

I thought satin finish was first polished then bead blasted with a fine media and that is how they get the satin look unless it is brushed look satin. That is going to be done with ether an abrasive or a fine stainless wire brush technique.

I have done this on steel & aluminum but never on stainless, that is why I thought it was ether fine bead blasting or abrasives.

~

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads