JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I'm reading this right, you have to have your firearm with you when you apply for your concealed carry permit so they can record the make, model and serial numbers? If so it looks like I'm not going to get my oregon ccw:(

Nah. You don't have to have any gun with you when you show up for your CHL appointment, in fact, if I recall, you're forbidden from bringing firearms... and they don't record the make, model, or serial number of your gun(s) during the CHL application process. You can apply for your CHL, and go through the whole process, without having to make all of that info available.

What OFF is talking about, when they refer to taking down make, model and serial number... is for every purchase that goes through an FFL, when the dealer calls in to perform the background check, the folks performing the background check ask the dealer to provide them with make, model, serial number of the gun you're buying. You can't buy a gun from an FFL without making that info available.

If I'm reading this right, you have to have your firearm with you when you apply for your concealed carry permit so they can record the make, model and serial numbers? If so it looks like I'm not going to get my oregon ccw:(

If that's the way it happens, I know a lot of people who didn't follow the rules.

but no, that's not true.

If raises go thru, see three trends coming:
1. more guns transactions requiring bgc conducted on the same day
2. more time between gun transactions requiring bgc
3. more F2F transactions

and maybe, although illegal :s0131:, group buys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top