JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those of you already invested in real estate here can stand your ground. but I have no vested interest here. no real estate that ties me here. I don't want to live in a shoe-box apartment that costs double to rent what a mortgage would cost me for a place 3x the size in the neighboring state with my own land, garage, and house in a 2A friendly community.

When I moved from HI in 2005 I had almost the same factors bugging me. Rent, taxes, politics and the high cost of living in HI. So, I moved to WA State and bought a home.

I can remember people saying, well at least you're NOT from CA.

Yup, I don't like them either. But now look at what has happened. There's an entire LEFT COAST mentality going on. LIBERALS are everywhere.

In the past.....
I enjoyed the freedom to buy guns across the tables at gun shows. My CCW was used as my proof. Call it a, "Good Guy Card". But look now......the Govt wants me to go through a BGC every year (and pay their fees/taxes). Just to check again. IF, I am worthy enough to own a Ruger 10/22.

Maybe, they should have gone for a monthly BGC? Rrrright......all in the name of Crime Prevention and Safety. Cough, cough..... Do it for the kids.

So then, it's obvious. That the LIBERALS have no qualms about suppressing FREEDOM. Especially, when it suits their political agenda. And, look at the "peaceful protests" in Portland, OR and the problems of Seattle, WA.

Mark......STOP, Stop, stop.......

OK, Ok, ok.......I need an "adult beverage". Awwww.....don't get me started about the MJ issue here.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
You know......

Sheeple can be easily lead. So, the LEFT intentionally used the words, "Assault Rifle" to sway votes. I'd bet, that many were swayed by the mere mention of the words. Ask most any voter today (only days after the election) if they can give you a legal definition of an "assault rifle". The results would probably lead you to conclude, that people don't actually READ this stuff. Thus, legislation by initiative is probably just a BAD IDEA.

But.....
We could also use the initiative process to win back our rights. Perhaps, if we titled our proposal as, "FREEDOM & PERSONAL DEFENSE ACT". Then proceed to repeal the stupid laws that have recently been enacted? Rrrright.....who would vote against FREEDOM or PERSONAL DEFENSE?

Aloha, Mark

Yeah I hear ya Mark, recently I have been leaning in the direction of it literally being THAT simple.

I have to respect this man. The only problem that I see in him not enforcing these laws is that, at least in Oregon, the Sheriff is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in the county so he could come into the city and enforce the laws that the Chief of Police is refusing to. This may give the citizens a false sense of security, thinking that they will not be prosecuted when in fact they may be, just by a different agency. Again I give Kudos to this man.

I have to respect this man. The only problem that I see in him not enforcing these laws is that, at least in Oregon, the Sheriff is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in the county so he could come into the city and enforce the laws that the Chief of Police is refusing to. This may give the citizens a false sense of security, thinking that they will not be prosecuted when in fact they may be, just by a different agency. Again I give Kudos to this man.

Well, per Sheriff Salisbury, 38 sheriffs came out against 1639. There's 39 counties in WA., so roughly 97%. So, it would be interesting to see if they follow this lead.

And where in the MSM did you here this? I guess it wasn't a pertinent enough point...other to mention 'some' LE opposition.

Mason County sheriff candidates reveal their stances on I-1639 gun measure

One would hope considering the glaring, indisputable flaws with 1639, the court dismisses it with prejudice, and then the NRA/SAF immediately sue them.

Boss

But, I am giving some thought......to moving. The biggest problem at this point is.....the GF. :p

Aloha, Mark
I just got here this spring and even with that pos i1639 passing, the situation here is a million times better than it was in California. And with the douchebag Newsome as governor, California will sink to an even lower ring of hell.
So, with the passage of i1639, I got a lesson in how much Seattle and environs run this state. I thought for sure we would beat it and we weren't even close. Hell, Vancouver had more voters for 1639 than against. That stung.
So we have the 1st Police Chief say "Nope" and hopefully more will follow. I still think this state is great, despite the libtards of Seattle (and Vancouver)
I'm making my stand here.

Perhaps, if we titled our proposal as, "FREEDOM & PERSONAL DEFENSE ACT".
Call it the Civil Rights and Homeless Protection Sanctuary Act of 2020 and watch it sail through.

...at least in Oregon, the Sheriff is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in the county...
Well, per Sheriff Salisbury, 38 sheriffs came out against 1639. There's 39 counties in WA.
Full service County Sheriffs are the highest elected law enforcement officers in any state that has them (OR is one of 35 states that does)... they have the authority to tell the feds to buzz-off if they so desire and there's not a dam thing they can do about it. They've been known to strip certain federal agencies of law enforcement powers. It was common for feds to ask for permission or help from local LE and sheriffs before the 18th Amendment was ratified, which removed the separation of powers and mostly nullified the 10A. Ironically, it's that very separation of powers that emboldens cities and states to enact "sanctuary" status.

Those elections aren't about who looks best in the uniform, they mean something. County sheriffs often act as county CEO and are accountable to the Constitution and the voters only.

You know......

Sheeple can be easily lead. So, the LEFT intentionally used the words, "Assault Rifle" to sway votes. I'd bet, that many were swayed by the mere mention of the words. Ask most any voter today (only days after the election) if they can give you a legal definition of an "assault rifle". The results would probably lead you to conclude, that people don't actually READ this stuff. Thus, legislation by initiative is probably just a BAD IDEA.

But.....
We could also use the initiative process to win back our rights. Perhaps, if we titled our proposal as, "FREEDOM & PERSONAL DEFENSE ACT". Then proceed to repeal the stupid laws that have recently been enacted? Rrrright.....who would vote against FREEDOM or PERSONAL DEFENSE?

Aloha, Mark
Mark, I just started a thread to brainstorm on this and invited folks to spitball ideas, whether building the Trojan Horse or loading its cargo... :)

There is no such thing as a semi auto assault rifle any how.
They are just trying to save the unicorns

1330398-IMG_7154.jpg

Well, per Sheriff Salisbury, 38 sheriffs came out against 1639. There's 39 counties in WA., so roughly 97%. So, it would be interesting to see if they follow this lead.

And where in the MSM did you here this? I guess it wasn't a pertinent enough point...other to mention 'some' LE opposition.

Mason County sheriff candidates reveal their stances on I-1639 gun measure

One would hope considering the glaring, indisputable flaws with 1639, the court dismisses it with prejudice, and then the NRA/SAF immediately sue them.

Boss

Not all 38 will follow Chief Culp's lead, as Thurston County Sheriff John Snaza was one of those who came out against 1639, but he has somehow misplaced balls and is already crowing that he will enforce 1639 whether he likes it or not. Obviously, he seems to think this law is constitutional, while ignoring how this initiative blatantly violated the Constitution.

Sheriff Salisbury seems to be playing politician and waffling instead of stating outright his intent. It does seem that he's leaning toward following Snaza's lead by finding another place (other than his sack) to store his testicles.........................

Mason, Thurston Co. Sheriff's react to eastern Washington police chief's decision to not enforce I-1639

Ray

Last Edited:
The Sheriffs are in a real pickle with this. Their job is to enforce the law. but when the law is bad what are they to do?
What if a Sheriff started busting people holding less than an ounce of pot?
It is legal, but he thinks the law is bad, so can he ignore it and act on his own?
Conversely Sheriffs take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States, but this I-1639 clearly violates that Constitution.
I don't envy them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top