JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rioters attempted to burn down the historic statue last night using city hall barricade lumber.
It's a bronze statue. :rolleyes: (see: Useful Idiots)
This morning the statue was removed for its own protection.

Elk-fountain-1-640x480.jpg

Last Edited:
Does that mean there will be a refund on the Art Tax?

Edit: Removing the last target doesn't stop the shooting, the enemy will just redirect fire.

Quick internet search suggest bonfires can reach 1100-1500 degrees F, bronze melts at 1700-1800, could vary based on alloys. Well..... They tried?

Art tax? WTF??? o_Oo_Oo_O

You Portlandians have to pay a tax for art? Geebus H. Christ, I thought I'd seen everything... SMFH

Sure thing Hoss. $35 a head/year...

Just another glorious reason that I will never live in hometown again and refuse to do anything but pass through to see relatives or fly out of PDX.

Sure thing Hoss. $35 a head/year...
That is totally and completely phuq'd up. What If I did not approve of the "art" that was purchased? Would I get my money back? I'm thinkin' no.
Sounds like a lot of taxation without any representation. A lot like school levies in my case...

Back in the day. 80's
My family was driving by that elk. My blonde sister shouts out, LOOK at that huge Great Dane.
She never lived that down. ;)

But in regards to this story.
I'm the guy in every crowd that won't back down to nobody.
But If I saw this going down, I'd just keep walking.
I would be the loser in the situation. The city lawyers would hang me.
And this is why we done in the big cities.
Heck the new Boise mayor is following pointers from the Portland type mayors.
Hope these folks meet some bad anti rioters soon.

Last Edited:
That is totally and completely phuq'd up. What If I did not approve of the "art" that was purchased? Would I get my money back? I'm thinkin' no.
Sounds like a lot of taxation without any representation. A lot like school levies in my case...

Oh you sillyhead. You don't get approval over projects. The council does.

Look at any of the RACC projects and see if you find anything that you would approve of:

Look at any of the RACC projects and see if you find anything that you would approve of:

I did not find a link to any of the so-called "art" that this tax has funded. Could you be more specific in your linkage?
Although I am highly inclined to agree with your assessment of my approval (or not) of the funded "art"...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top