JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
General term used to describe people who are 1. selfish and believe others owe them something!
2. disappointments to their genetic line!
3. who piss me off on any given day!
4. I was not talking about you!
5. In this context I meant those who trash the woods!
"Pukes" is rather a kind word for those despicable jerks. Honestly, I find it extremely difficult to understand how anybody born and raised in the Pacific Northwest could trash our beautiful forests with their garbage. I get that someone from California could do that to us, or someone from any of the other "me first before all else" states, but how a native to our lands could treat their own forests so disgustingly is just beyond me.

"Pukes" is rather a kind word for those despicable jerks. Honestly, I find it extremely difficult to understand how anybody born and raised in the Pacific Northwest could trash our beautiful forests with their garbage. I get that someone from California could do that to us, or someone from any of the other "me first before all else" states, but how a native to our lands could treat their own forests so disgustingly is just beyond me.
Drugs and education are my best guess

This is what I'm talking about. Took this picture in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, on the edge of Trapper Creek Wilderness.
It's a good thing I didn't see these "pukes" when they did this, because if I did I'd probably be serving time for manslaughter right now...
1641668793534.png

I am disgusted by the behavior of the violators AND the lack of consensus that crime Should be punished! Wrong is Wrong and I have been poor and hungry, I never thought to blame others? If they forgive student loans, I am officially a chump!

I am disgusted by the behavior of the violators AND the lack of consensus that crime Should be punished! Wrong is Wrong and I have been poor and hungry, I never thought to blame others? If they forgive student loans, I am officially a chump!
You are not a chump. You are a true American. If I have any genuine evil in my heart it is the feelings of hatred I have toward these "pukes."

I have a membership to Rainier Rod and Gun club in Rainier, Or.

It is about a 45-60 minute drive west of Portland on Highway 30, but is worth it to me. During nice weather, it is a beautiful drive along the river.

Dues are $25 per year, and it is a nice small range in a peaceful part of the state. They have 25yd and 100 yd.

You can only shoot paper targets, but the shooting line is covered, and you are outdoors. No full auto, or 50 BMG are the only restrictions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

not shooting. but did a ton of wheeling around tilamook burn when that area was being heavily logged.

the truckers. wow! these guys make nascar look like amateurs. they get paid by the log and they aren't stopping or slowing down for nobody in a jeep or pick m up.

it's actually pretty impressive driving in huge rigs over dirt. but they always seemed perfectly willing to run anything off the road without a second thought.
Very true. But they get the paid hourly. 😉
Good info. Cunningham's Law in action.

The one's I have seen certainly seem to drive like their next meal depended on getting to the mill in the next hour, but hey, I'm no expert.

On the other hand, I imagine it's kinda fun to blast logs around fire roads at top speed.
Log truck drivers are a different breed. They are paid hourly. But run hard. I strongly encourage to avoid active haul routes and to use a CB when it can't be avoided.

if I give you my spot, next time I go it wont be peaceful or secret if youre there.
my 30 min drive is a 2hr drive from Portland.
many "good spots" I found as a teenager are gated off nowadays. I do much more long range shooting now because I can do that easier then finding an ideal "range" area in the woods.
try PantherCreek, its a private range, the kind of place you have to know someone who will take you there to be allowed to go on your own.

my best advice is to drive the woods during all four seasons, find a place thats safe and accessible year around, and dont tell people about it.
clean up after, have a good backstop, dont tell people about it.
best of luck looking.
PS dont tell anyone your spot.

I know this isn't an easy ask. Not only are spots probably very limited, but I would be hesitant to give out the secrets as well. My wife and I are the type where we pick up every shell. We wont be shooting TV's or toilets. Please pm me. Thank you in advance for any info.
Not real close but, ARPC.info

Just find some state land and be responsible. I have a spot I get out to about 600. It's a bit far from Portland. I like to have it to myself when I want it or I'd tell ya. Might have to scout around a bit perhaps scout for animals while you are shopping for a peaceful range or cool set ups. You'll find something good luck enjoy.

if I give you my spot, next time I go it wont be peaceful or secret if youre there.
my 30 min drive is a 2hr drive from Portland.
many "good spots" I found as a teenager are gated off nowadays. I do much more long range shooting now because I can do that easier then finding an ideal "range" area in the woods.
try PantherCreek, its a private range, the kind of place you have to know someone who will take you there to be allowed to go on your own.

my best advice is to drive the woods during all four seasons, find a place thats safe and accessible year around, and dont tell people about it.
clean up after, have a good backstop, dont tell people about it.
best of luck looking.
PS dont tell anyone your spot.
I just echoed what you said I guess that's solid advise I'd say.
Rule #1 about fight Club don't talk about fight Club 😆

I left ARPC based alone on a 60 mile round trip. I'm thinking a 180 mile r/t (from Vancouver) range session would be a hard sell.
My round trip to shoot is 64 miles and I spend over an hour and a half on the commute. Joining a club would cut travel time and would give some nice amenities, but would increase cost. I wouldn't be as limited by weather (I shoot at 2500' elevation) but I would be limited by other people. It's a balancing act, I guess. If I didn't have the property it would always a gamble to see if there's a place to shoot.
I can't blame the guys that have a honey hole for not sharing. It's a lot like hunting.

This is what I'm talking about. Took this picture in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, on the edge of Trapper Creek Wilderness.
It's a good thing I didn't see these "pukes" when they did this, because if I did I'd probably be serving time for manslaughter right now...
View attachment 1103414
That's just down right ILLEGAL DUMPING! It's not trash that target shooters left behind. A result of high disposal costs and selfish 'Pukes' that don't want to live up to being a responsible part of society.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews