JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have always been a seat belt nazi.

My wife's family lives in small town ohio and this is very common. Kids on floor boards or standing in the seats, no one wear seat belts, and a lot of motorcyclist don't wear helmets.

It's like the 80s-90s.

Being ejected from a vehicle is not good for your health.

I remember when many cars did not even have belts. When I was a kid Dad had just bought a new Oldsmobile he was quite proud of. Soon one day we were going down the road and some gal pulled out in front of us. Dad slammed on the brakes and I bounced off the dash. Nothing more that a nose bleed but next day the old man was at some parts house and came home with a set of lap belts and installed them. I from that point always wore mine.

A few years ago my daughter went to a High School dance with the neighbor's grandson....
The neighbor drove 'em to the dance in his cherry 57 Chevy....My daughter was surprised to see no seat belts....:D

I am not a huge fan of "Government Safety" enforced rules / laws / regulations....
That said....some at times , actually do good and make sense.
Wear your damn seat belt...it is 2018 not 1957 ...no excuse not too anymore.
Andy

1FD81D4F-4099-4517-A361-274D9A376832.jpeg

Sorry she put her friends and family through that.

Being ejected from a vehicle is not good for your health.
As someone who has been there and done that, I concur. However, in my case it likely was the better alternative. And before anyone chimes in with, "well, you shoulda...", I was driving a car built in the '30s. I still have a lot of neck and back problems but flopping out the door and landing in the street was better than a banjo wheel poking through my chest cavity and my face through the windshield. I wasn't taking a selfie when it happened either.

s but flopping out the door and landing in the street was better than a banjo wheel poking through my chest cavity and my face through the windshield.

Back in the day saw a lot of this. Just a mess and not the way to go.

I was the weird one out back in the day. I was riding in planes with my dad a lot and seat belts became second nature and I just kept doing it when I was in cars.

Seat belts should be required on motorcycles as well...

And ban selfies:rolleyes:
Of all the times I fell off a bike, whether it was a bicycle or motorcycle, in none of them did I want to be attached to the bike.

Otherwise I'd be handlebars the clown and not Boboclown. o_O

Then again... These days kids need seatbelts on everything! Even desk chairs.

Of all the times I fell off a bike, whether it was a bicycle or motorcycle, in none of them did I want to be attached to the bike.

No doubt. A couple weeks ago when I took an unexpected flight (off the bike, over the bars) after the bike hit a gravel patch in a corner and slid me into the ditch, I wanted to be anywhere but on the bike as it flipped end-over-end and front-to-back. Ok, so I didn't want to be in the ambulance afterward, or in the ER, but just about anywhere other than on the bike as it performed its impromptu aerial acrobatics.

(and yes, I'm doing ok now. A bit stiff and sore still, closed fractures of T7/T8, but I was able to walk out of the hospital under my own power. Bike was totaled, darnit, and another one will be coming as soon as the insurance payout happens)

I agree, taking a 'selfie' is always a bad idea

Far as needing a seatbelt, I must disagree as all my 'best' accidents occurred without my seatbelt on & at least twice I would have croaked had the seatbelt been attached. I had 5 accidents in a 5 year period and that was just the ones they knew about. My insurance was through the roof, so I had to reform myself--no more accidents for me:rolleyes:
I've been accident free for over 5 years now and my car insurance is less than half what it was

No doubt. A couple weeks ago when I took an unexpected flight (off the bike, over the bars) after the bike hit a gravel patch in a corner and slid me into the ditch, I wanted to be anywhere but on the bike as it flipped end-over-end and front-to-back. Ok, so I didn't want to be in the ambulance afterward, or in the ER, but just about anywhere other than on the bike as it performed its impromptu aerial acrobatics.

(and yes, I'm doing ok now. A bit stiff and sore still, closed fractures of T7/T8, but I was able to walk out of the hospital under my own power. Bike was totaled, darnit, and another one will be coming as soon as the insurance payout happens)

Sorry y'all, I forgot the sarcasm emoji.

After riding on a bike for years (do not have one currently but will again someday when financial excess smiles on me again), I feel that kids (insert your age limit here - I'm not getting into that) should be the only ones required to wear a seat belt.

Yup I can feel the flaming coming.

I choose to wear mine most of the time but unless I am on the freeway or on curves in the mountains, I don't see a necessity to wear one in town under 50mph.

Most of the time it can't hurt but I do know one person (and have heard of others) that got into 2 accidents without a seat belt. The first one she was told not having a belt in saved her life. The second one she was ejected out the passenger window partially and then crushed when the car rolled over her (driving in the mountains).

I certainly don't think adults should be at risk of a ticket if they decide not to wear one.

Why do we feel the need to restrict others when it makes no difference to anyone but that person making the choice....:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top