JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Too hard. I click an email. It brings me to a forum. I read and either click the big red reply button or go back to work. That is as far as I go. What you are talking about is way to complex.

Maybe if people did not act like fools I would not have to pretend to be dumb to hope the mods handled it. I handle it and what do I have to complain about...That is right...Nothing. What will I do when I have NOTHING to whine about???!!!

Did not think about that now did ya??!!

It is not rocket surgery, click on his name when his stats pop up go all the way to the right and click on "ignore". If that's to hard for you, I don't know what to tell you man.

I just have to ask what rocket surgery is???!! I know brain surgery...Then there is rocket science....So do you have to be a scientist or a surgeon to do rocket surgery?

Seems every time there is a legit complaint all the captain save a bro folks start explaining there is an ignore feature. YES there is but when someone is being an arse and posting on old threads it simply is annoying. I get why the man started this thread.

If the mods do not know then they cannot stop someone for being highly annoying for no good reason.

I wish I was sorry for playing dumb but every damn time I hear someone complain all the folks come in with their capes and tell us how we can solve it. The point is to say "stop doing this annoying crap" to the member and not "can you tell me how to not see a members post".

That is pretty self explanatory. If someone complains and quite a few people say "yes it is annoying me as well" then all those people are not ALL likely to be confused on how to hit ignore.

But I thank all of you who have told me in 20 threads 50 times that I can use ignore. I think I got it now.

Seems every time there is a legit complaint all the captain save a bro folks start explaining there is an ignore feature. YES there is but when someone is being an arse and posting on old threads it simply is annoying. I get why the man started this thread.

If the mods do not know then they cannot stop someone for being highly annoying for no good reason.

I wish I was sorry for playing dumb but every damn time I hear someone complain all the folks come in with their capes and tell us how we can solve it. The point is to say "stop doing this annoying crap" to the member and not "can you tell me how to not see a members post".

That is pretty self explanatory. If someone complains and quite a few people say "yes it is annoying me as well" then all those people are not ALL likely to be confused on how to hit ignore.

But I thank all of you who have told me in 20 threads 50 times that I can use ignore. I think I got it now.
Truth^^^

It's more about having some common manners and not that I don't know how to use the ignore feature - I know that works because I've had to hit the "Show ignored content" to read all of the posts in this thread.

Defending the lowest common denominator is why we have stupid laws like background checks.

I just have to ask what rocket surgery is???!! I know brain surgery...Then there is rocket science....So do you have to be a scientist or a surgeon to do rocket surgery?
its-not-rocket-surgery-bill-czappa.jpg

90% of the people in the world could care less about your problems and the other 10% are glad you got them.
Life's to short to worry about the small stuff that goes away on it's own.
Crack open a cool one and enjoy it while contemplating how great life is.

lol guys it was drivin me nuts last night seeing like 15 new member intros in 20minutes. i even started a thread about it thinking it was anti's signing up (ya call me paranoid lol) i soon deleted the thread because i looked at the date of the OP. hahaha wow.:Do_O:(:cool::D:D:s0007::s0107::s0013::s0019::s0119::s0120::s0120:

Honestly I didn't even know this fredball thing was happening until I saw this thread, so I asking what's the problem?

At one point, about 85% of "new posts" were all @fredball welcoming new members that signed up. The problem is, many users like myself, click on "new posts" to see what threads are active and what new topics are being discussed, or if new items are listed in the classifieds, etc. When I clicked new posts and a majority of the first two or three pages of content were @fredball reviving dead new member intros, I left and visited another forum. I really like it here. Its generally a great online community of like minded people, but I don't have the time or patience to sift through threads @fredball revives to say "Welcome Aboard". Its nice to welcome new members, and kick off some conversation. I think its absurd to make everyone else in the forum skim over the thread (or 50) to get to other recent/relevant content.

At one point, about 85% of "new posts" were all @fredball welcoming new members that signed up. The problem is, many users like myself, click on "new posts" to see what threads are active and what new topics are being discussed, or if new items are listed in the classifieds, etc. When I clicked new posts and a majority of the first two or three pages of content were @fredball reviving dead new member intros, I left and visited another forum. I really like it here. Its generally a great online community of like minded people, but I don't have the time or patience to sift through threads @fredball revives to say "Welcome Aboard". Its nice to welcome new members, and kick off some conversation. I think its absurd to make everyone else in the forum skim over the thread (or 50) to get to other recent/relevant content.

That was my issue. I was getting alerts, which don't bother me, but I couldn't get to new content or recent posts without seeing line after line of welcomes. I like the idea of welcoming the new folks, but maybe not 100 at a time. Leave some room for folks to see the other topics people are discussing.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top