JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not been a member for very long but something I have started noticing more and more is the negative comments within member Classifieds adds.
I for one am not Impressed with the Lack of Class some of our members are showing by posting comments about how they were able to get some kind of special deal on a gun they bought recently, and therefore making your item that is for sale seem terribly overpriced.
As our administrators have stated time and time again this is a free market system: if you dont like it, dont buy it... But KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF!!!! :s0123:

I have not been a member for very long but something I have started noticing more and more is the negative comments within member Classifieds adds.
I for one am not Impressed with the Lack of Class some of our members are showing by posting comments about how they were able to get some kind of special deal on a gun they bought recently, and therefore making your item that is for sale seem terribly overpriced.
As our administrators have stated time and time again this is a free market system: if you dont like it, dont buy it... But KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF!!!! :s0123:

Just like we learned in school, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you simply must say something to the OP, please send an IM or email.

It basically comes down to common sense and most people nowadays don't have any. Please remember, treat others how you, yourself wish to be treated.

Keep this place nice and fun. Don't let it turn into a site like many other gun forums that are juvenile and no fun!

Just like we learned in school, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you simply must say something to the OP, please send an IM or email.

It basically comes down to common sense and most people nowadays don't have any. Please remember, treat others how you, yourself wish to be treated.

Keep this place nice and fun. Don't let it turn into a site like many other gun forums that are juvenile and no fun!

If that was common sense, don't you think the founding fathers of our great nation should have put limits on the first amendment?

And besides my 224 credit hours of college all I remember from grade school is a bunch of lies put into place to brainwash. Exactly why I was a hated by my teachers. Sorry if I question authority.

I do agree that some of the comments I have seen posted aren't necessary.
They could just be having a bad day and need to snip at someone.
But that's life. :s0129:

We have rules around this issue:

1. No threadcrapping
If you dislike like something about the ad, ignore it. If you spot blatant misrepresentation, an illegal ad, etc. please notify a moderator.

If you notice a problem, please use the "report a post" feature (looks like a little triangular sign in the lower left corner of each post) to notify moderators.

You know I really hate negative comments! wait a second was that a negative comment about negative comments? Hmm does that make it a positive comment and if that is the case maybe I should just make all my double negative comments in PM's so that I can not piss people privatly?

Are we all clear now! no positive comments they can't be trusted!

Can I report my own post? How about if I report it to myself?

Steven

Last Edited:
If that was common sense, don't you think the founding fathers of our great nation should have put limits on the first amendment?

And besides my 224 credit hours of college all I remember from grade school is a bunch of lies put into place to brainwash. Exactly why I was a hated by my teachers. Sorry if I question authority.

Private forum. 1st amendment does not apply here.
I don't blame you though. I blame the public schools system. ;)

Sounds like maybe someone is upset at having their overpriced items reality checked to me. A negative comment is posting that a certain item sucks, is junk, they have problems etc.., making a statement like "hey I have one of these items and I paid X amount", while still against the rules it is not a negative comment, it is a realistic comment that doesn't serve your purposes. Sorry but the truth hurts!

So what you are saying is don't warn anyone else that a better deal can be found? Sounds like protectionism!

No I don't personally stomp on anyones Ad but I have warned people that have expressed interest in an overpriced item through PM which doesn't break any rules.

One thing that should be allowed is for a poster to speak up when an AD has false information listed.

Your Glock is banged up its not worth the $550 you say it is.
Where's B_Rice and his CZ? lol

You are just afraid that negative comments will change the minds of a potential buyer. You the seller want to restrict information, even if it is false. I understand false claims, but you the seller should not have the power to over power the buyer.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top