JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There have been plenty of times when I have sold a gun or ammo
at a very good deal just to see it listed for more sometimes even double
what I just sold it for.
I know of a rifle now that is listed now for $550 and I sold it to the buyer
for $350.
I didn't crap on his thread and say "Hey didn't I just sell that to you for $350?"
Everyone gets upset at price gougers but don't want us to call them on it.
That is why I leave my old prices listed...

If I have something overpriced please call me on it
I won't complain about you "ruining" my thread..
:s0159:

I have not been a member for very long but something I have started noticing more and more is the negative comments within member Classifieds adds.
I for one am not Impressed with the Lack of Class some of our members are showing by posting comments about how they were able to get some kind of special deal on a gun they bought recently, and therefore making your item that is for sale seem terribly overpriced.
As our administrators have stated time and time again this is a free market system: if you dont like it, dont buy it... But KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF!!!! :s0123:

I take it you're not a member of the Fort Moe Forum. Things get down right BRUTAL over there.

Personally I wouldn't mind at all being told my price is unreasonable.
If I agree I'll lower my price
If I don't I won't.
I like comments even negative . Free bump is all it is
Ha ha to the top

For some reason, making a profit really seems to strike an exposed nerve. Not just here but other places as well.
Personally, I dont care if someone turns around and sells something I just sold to him at a big profit. Good for him.
Nobody is doing anything illegal here and should be able to ask for any price they deem fit. If you cannot help yourself and totally feel the need to get involved then just send them a kind PM. No harm no foul.
As gun owners aren't, we all about personal responsibility? Being independant? Many if not most of us own firearms for many reasons but I bet a biggie is because we dont want to rely on someone else for something.
There needs to be a level of personal responsibility on both the buyers and sellers part but as a conservative with a libertarian streak I want my fellow Americans to fend for themselves when practical.
If there is not a rule made by the owners of this site (its their garden, they can plant what they like) stipulating pricing guidelines then leave the sellers and buyers to hash it out on their own.
If I way over pay for something then I either really needed it badly, or I didnt do my homework.
Rant off. :s0155:

By the way, I am relatively new here and am enjoying the site a great deal.
Thanks to all of you for making it an interesting place to visit.

There have been plenty of times when I have sold a gun or ammo
at a very good deal just to see it listed for more sometimes even double
what I just sold it for.
I know of a rifle now that is listed now for $550 and I sold it to the buyer
for $350.
I didn't crap on his thread and say "Hey didn't I just sell that to you for $350?"
Everyone gets upset at price gougers but don't want us to call them on it.
That is why I leave my old prices listed...

If I have something overpriced please call me on it
I won't complain about you "ruining" my thread..
:s0159:

Some people have been able to make a first or second income off this site and others, that's fine with me, buyer beware. But if they made a good buy here, why not have enough class to at least sell it on another web site at the higher price, not in the guys face you bought it from. :nuts:

If somebody calls your price unfair and you come down on price, then you are willing to negotiate to a lower price.

If you stand firm, and you know that the gun is truely worth what you have asked for it, then somebody on this forum who wants it will see the gun for what it is worth and purchase it.

You can ask me for a cheaper price, dosen't mean i'm gonna give it to ya, but if you never ask - then you'll never know if I was willing to negotiate.

If somebody blatently steps into your thread and says "oh i got that for $xxx lower" but is unable to sell that same item for the same price, that's just rude and like busting into a person's shop and offering to sell everybody in the store widgets for cheaper - not only will the propreitor throw you out, but everybody will think you a fool.

Personally I dislike lowballers more than gougers. I had a rifle once on here 150 less than any on gunbroker, and I had an offer 300 less than my asking price.
Or how about the guys that say they can get it at "x" for so much cheaper, obviously they cant or they wouldnt be wasting your time

If you can make a second income from selling weapons are you a dealer
or just a hobbyist I think the fine line is being walked, am i wrong

I have no problem with dealers or hobbyists trying to make income. I buy, repair, and then sell at a profit, fishing boats, motorcycles, ect. But I'm just saying as in PDX's case, I would never buy a Harley from a guy down the street for 10,000 and then sell it to the guy that lives next to him for 12,000...It's a slap in the face to the original seller..no class move.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top