JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short I traded an AR a while back for a CZ P07 Duty and I took it out and It was not shooting well at all. I was pulling the trigger and the hammer would fall and nothing hammer would fall and nothing then next time bang. WTF. I am a little upset unable to find the guy I traded and I am not sure where to go next? Call CZ? gunsmith?

Slow down.

List everything pertinent to fully assess the situation.

Things like ammo used, a better explanation of the malfunction, did this happen immediately, or were you able to get it going and it started to happen. Is the weapon dirty, have you taken it apart, have you cleaned it. Gun show signs of abuse?

Pictures of the gun help too.

It sucks to get a used gun that doesn't work perfectly off the get go. You'll get it there though.

Gun was clean oiled and did have ammo that shot fine in my other 9mm pistols. I had multiple stovepipes and multiple times that gun did not fire when hammer fell. Actually hammer fell more times and didn't fire then when it did.

Edited: Maybe the previous owner dicked around with the trigger/safety/de-cocker and missed installing a spring correctly.

Plenty of vids on youtube

Last Edited:
Complete disassembly or field strip? Did you look at the firing pin?

What ammo? Seriously, stove pipes and such sounds like crap ammo. Yes, even if it shot fine in other guns.

20180819_125232.jpg 20180819_125225.jpg 20180819_125049.jpg

OK fair enough. I do not know the brand of ammo as I purchased It long ago. I can take it out with some newer and better quality ammo and see if I can get better results. I was told this did not have very many rounds through it and didn't think to check firing pin. I just field stripped and cleaned. I will check a few things and see If I can get It running.

Edited: Maybe the previous owner dicked around with the trigger/safety/de-cocker and missed installing a spring correctly.

Plenty of vids on youtube
This is a huge possibility with CZs that have swappable safety and decockers.

Do you have a way to check or have some one check the head space, see if someone messed with the feed lips? Trying to think of ideas not mentioned.

OK fair enough. I do not know the brand of ammo as I purchased It long ago. I can take it out with some newer and better quality ammo and see if I can get better results. I was told this did not have very many rounds through it and didn't think to check firing pin. I just field stripped and cleaned. I will check a few things and see If I can get It running.
Cool beans.

Ya, I always recommend, brand new factory ammo for a new gun outing. I've known so many folks come back furious because their gun did not work only to learn the went out with reloads, or Wolf. I've probably known two guys recently that went out with Wolf and had nothing but issues in their ARs.

Ammo works good in one gun and will FTF in another. Our Glock42 is a perfect example of that.

I will say our CZP09 has never misfired even after I installed the CGW trigger kit. We do shoot Blazer Brass and other name brands like UMC and Rem, but no crap reloads...and the P09 is pretty much the same gun as the P07

Yeah I have never had issues with any of my other cz's. I shot a SP01 that day not a single issue and same as P10C but its striker fired. But to rule all things out I will have to first take it out again.

Not sure on the headspace but these are all good suggestions. I can tell you the ammo was not tula wolf or steel case bubblegum which is why it was concerning.
I'd say start with better, new, ammo.

Before messing around any further.

I'd also consider the idea that the change from decocker to safety was botched.

The gun should come configured from CZ as decocker and the picture you showed is with the manual safety installed. So the guy did swap them out likely.

I'd also do a trigger pull test with a pencil in the empty barrel, all the way against the breech face to see if the hammer hitting the firing spring makes the pencil fly out of the barrel.

That will let you know if there is a problem with the firing pin block or if you should suspect the crap ammo. Should see that pencil come out of the barrel with authority every time the hammer falls on the firing pin.

This is a huge possibility with CZs that have swappable safety and decockers.

This looks like the pre-2014 CZ75 P07 Duty instead of the CZ P07 Omega. Did the Duty model have the exchangeable safety option? I would also run a magazine full of new brass ammo and make sure the recoil spring is installed in the correct direction.