JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To be fair the CZs have a lot going on back there by the hammer and can look pretty grubbed out after a couple boxes of ammo, especially if it was wet with lube or grease.

Guys, the P07 Duty uses the same Omega system as the current model. Going from decocker to safety is the easy swap, take out the lever and spring, slide the safety lever in its place. Not sure you could screw it up if you tried :rolleyes:.
True, however I botched my first attempt converting my P09 from a decocker to safety, I did forget to take out the decocker spring though.
Once I took out that out, the safety installation was pretty easy, also prefer the gun that way, if I want to carry it double action I trust my thumb in the way of the hammer more than I do a decocking lever, I might just be paranoid on that bit but I have seen a Walther PPK/s fire when using the deccoking function on youtube.

True, however I botched my first attempt converting my P09 from a decocker to safety, I did forget to take out the decocker spring though.
Once I took out that out, the safety installation was pretty easy, also prefer the gun that way, if I want to carry it double action I trust my thumb in the way of the hammer more than I do a decocking lever, I might just be paranoid on that bit but I have seen a Walther PPK/s fire when using the deccoking function on youtube.

Does the Walther have a firing pin block? If so, did the person decocking have a finger on the trigger? I was paranoid about decockers, too, so went and did some research on how they work. Yes, it's still a mechanical device and therefore subject to failure, but by far the most common failure is a software failure, i.e. not keeping your booger hook off the bang switch when decocking. I'm now a big fan of them, to the extent that I'm selling/trading off anything that doesn't have one. That said, I still keep my thumb on the hammer when holstering. Later.

Dave

I have used decockers most of my life primarily on 3rd gen smith and Wesson pistols
I have never had a problem. That said it is not a solution to make gun handling idiot proof.

Does the Walther have a firing pin block? If so, did the person decocking have a finger on the trigger? I was paranoid about decockers, too, so went and did some research on how they work. Yes, it's still a mechanical device and therefore subject to failure, but by far the most common failure is a software failure, i.e. not keeping your booger hook off the bang switch when decocking. I'm now a big fan of them, to the extent that I'm selling/trading off anything that doesn't have one. That said, I still keep my thumb on the hammer when holstering. Later.

Dave
I believe it was one of the S&W Walther PPK/s that might have had something do with perhaps if there was a recall.
I think it does most guns with decockers do have a firing pin block, I still don't trust decockers though, which I know isn't very logical.
Only decocker I somewhat trust is a Sig decocker and that is because it drops the hammer slow if you ride the lever.

I believe it was one of the S&W Walther PPK/s that might have had something do with perhaps if there was a recall.
I think it does most guns with decockers do have a firing pin block, I still don't trust decockers though, which I know isn't very logical.
Only decocker I somewhat trust is a Sig decocker and that is because it drops the hammer slow if you ride the lever.

Most modern pistols have firing pin blocks these days, decocker or safety, much to the chagrin of some folks that claim it messes up the trigger pull :rolleyes:. No argument, some are a lot quicker and more violent than others. Only decockers I've had personal experience with are CZ and my Taurus PT 92. And the two different CZ's have very different decockers, the PCR is much gentler than the P07, and the drop to "half cock" isn't nearly as close to the firing pin. Of the three, I like the PCR the best, I'm hoping my soon to arrive 97 BD is the same. Later.

Dave

is it going into battery?

these czs have tight chambers. my cz p07 will not go into battery with my LRN handloads whereas EVERY other 9mm i have will shoot them just fine.

my cz likes copper plated or fmj. but if the COL is too long, it wont chamber them either. probably explains why this gun is so dang accurate.

it will shoot copper flat nose and HP but will not go into battery with LRN unless i shorten the COL big time(which im not gonna do)

I was getting light strikes with the used CZ 75 I bought when I used certain brands of ammo. I think the previous owner put lighter springs in it. I swapped out the hammer spring (mainspring) and it has been 100% reliable since and shoots everything I stuff into it.

Each model seems to be different. My Shadow2 has a tight chamber where long ogive bullets have caused problems for me in the past.

My P-01 ate up the same ammunition without complaint.

I'm also curious about the resolution to this problem.

I pulled the entire thing apart. All moving parts and cleaned it. It was the dirtiest gun I have ever cleaned. Very disappointed that someone would sell me a firearm like that especially when he got a very nice rifle in trade. You live and learn I guess.

I pulled the entire thing apart. All moving parts and cleaned it. It was the dirtiest gun I have ever cleaned. Very disappointed that someone would sell me a firearm like that especially when he got a very nice rifle in trade. You live and learn I guess.
Well, look at this way....you rescued a nice pistol from a bad home.
It's a CZ, so once it's cleaned and put back together correctly it will shoot reliably.
Get some fresh 124 grain ammo and give us a range report.