JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not seller's problem. If seller has the money and FFL has the gun, then a failed BGC is between buyer and FFL and they can decide what to do about it. Seller is out of it.
What about in Oregon where some pawn shop FFLs do not hold the gun until a BGC comes through "OK". Tigard Pawn4more does not hold the gun on premises while buy clears. Seller hold it. A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton, and Money Market Pawn on SE Powell do hold the gun until buyer clears. I've done biz with all three of these FFLs and they were great. But that was before the crap was thrown into the fan.

I am selling it for $260. Lets assume I receive payment first and then ship it to their ffl. Would they be able to still scam me at that point?
Only if the check bounces.

I accept only USPS Money Order... they are prepaid with cash or credit card, are difficult to forge, and cannot bounce.

Accept no Moneygram type payments, no cashiers checks, etc. Other members can tell you about Paypal... what is ok and what is not.

B T W Don't advertise in publications that draw scammers and you will avoid 95% of the fake emails, offers, texts, etc.

I've poked a few human pigs in my day... didn't much care if it was GROSS at the time. The sweaty parts all feel pretty much the same. "Cept for those big enough to have an echo.
:s0140: You almost sound like you're proud of it now! snork.

IMO, buyer can't pass BCG, that buyer's problem. He ship gun in same condition back to me, I might refund if I in a good mood. Minus the great dinner I had or the other gun I bought.

What about in Oregon where some pawn shop FFLs do not hold the gun until a BGC comes through "OK". Tigard Pawn4more does not hold the gun on premises while buy clears. Seller hold it. A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton, and Money Market Pawn on SE Powell do hold the gun until buyer clears. I've done biz with all three of these FFLs and they were great. But that was before the crap was thrown into the fan.
I ran into this problem at Oregon Arms and Ammunition in Hillsboro at the front end of the pandemic panic. I met a forum member there to have an Aero Builder set transferred over to him. Some loud mouth gun god behind the counter pipes off about refusing to hold the set while causing all the other patrons across the store to put attention on us. I said "The buyer is auto approved, just run him and lets see where things end up". Sure as $#i+ he was approved and out the door in minutes. Last time I'll ever shop at OAA. The way I interpret the law, when you pay for a transfer the FFL holds the gun till the BGC is approved. Why would you be expected to store a gun that's not legally yours now? Gun and pawn shops have obviously had almost three years to figure this out. If a shop refuses to hold a gun take your business elsewhere.

Ned Beatty might beg to differ! :s0140:

Am I supposed to know this???

deliverancethemepark.jpg

I ran into this problem at Oregon Arms and Ammunition in Hillsboro at the front end of the pandemic panic. I met a forum member there to have an Aero Builder set transferred over to him. Some loud mouth gun god behind the counter pipes off about refusing to hold the set while causing all the other patrons across the store to put attention on us. I said "The buyer is auto approved, just run him and lets see where things end up". Sure as $#i+ he was approved and out the door in minutes. Last time I'll ever shop at OAA. The way I interpret the law, when you pay for a transfer the FFL holds the gun till the BGC is approved. Why would you be expected to store a gun that's not legally yours now? Gun and pawn shops have obviously had almost three years to figure this out. If a shop refuses to hold a gun take your business elsewhere.
All I have is a guess.
At Tigard pawn 4 More they haven't opened the package with my gun it. The two times I had guns delivered to me from FFLs at Tigard pawn 4 more (once a GunBroker Swede Mauser purchase the other an AK from Atlantic) they produced the gun for me to open. I surmise that if they had opened it they would have had to enter it in their books? That may be the difference? They don't have the secure room to have a bunch of guns in their temporary care? Just spitballin'. I know some guys make a big deal when an FFL has opened their "Package". I like Tigard pawn just fine. the guys I've dealt with at cut above have been great. And money market, in kind of a crappy hood, are really good to. The best part, reasonably priced. But I'm a frugal fart. Not too picky.

Venmo does not allow money transfers for firearms. Don't use it. Venmo can/will freeze or seize the money and you're scröd.
Cash or money order. If the buyer doesn't like that, it's a good sign they're not on the up-and-up.
True indeed. Many of these apps for money transfers are owned by anti gun firms such as Pay Pal etc. Venmo is owned by Pay Pal of course.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top