JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome Aboard NWFA. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

IMHO......don't ship.

Then.....
Transactions for pistols are better when done in the buyer's home state.

That being said, you could.... if you wanted to, go over to Portland and meet a buyer at an Oregan FFL's place of business.

BUT.....
Being that you live in Vancouver WA. Me.....I'd limit myself to say within X miles from Vancouver.

Buyers from Upper and Eastern WA can also get in their vehicles and meet with you at a mutually agreed upon WA FFL's place of business.

Cash only.....makes things easier on you.

Make sure that you speak to the FFL to double check his business rules and costs involved. Ask.....what if the buyer doesn't pass his BGC or if there is a long delay.

Aloha, Mark

PS....shipping a handgun can be done, BUT it's complicated sometimes and can be costly. If you haven't done it......I suggest that you use the services of a WA FFL to assist you.

Last Edited:
Venmo does not allow money transfers for firearms. Don't use it. Venmo can/will freeze or seize the money and you're scröd.
Cash or money order. If the buyer doesn't like that, it's a good sign they're not on the up-and-up.

Presuming you are selling it on this site, the first thing to do is look at their feedback. Click on their avatar and look at the little green number that appears.
Also the red and gray ones. That's Positive, Negative, and Neutral feedback, respectively. You can click on the number to read the feedback. Anyone with more than a couple of Positives is probably good-to-go here. Anyone with Negative or Neutral you should read through it and decide if they are someone you want to deal with.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Nice shameless plug. Do you sell Amway too? 🤣

I appreciate the welcoming! Feels like a great community. Glad I found this place.

Venmo does not allow money transfers for firearms. Don't use it. Venmo can/will freeze or seize the money and you're scröd.
Cash or money order. If the buyer doesn't like that, it's a good sign they're not on the up-and-up.
Same as Pay Pal but there is no law that says you have to disclose what the funds are covering.

Nice shameless plug. Do you sell Amway too? 🤣
I saw y'all already answered OP questions in their introduction... figured I'd add my standard welcome to NWFA message.

You wouldn't believe the number of people that actually don't know you can shoot on public lands.

I just want to make sure they know and do so properly...

Do you have any LOC to spare?

Being that you live in Vancouver WA. Me.....I'd limit myself to say within X miles from Vancouver.
On occasion I've driven up to Tropics Pawn on HWY 99 from Oregon to meet WA. forum classified buyers. I've asked for fuel reimbursement since it's a 200 mile r/t for me.

On occasion I've driven up to Tropics Pawn on HWY 99 from Oregon to meet WA. forum classified buyers. I've asked for fuel reimbursement since it's a 200 mile r/t for me.
Mind you that I've driven many times to OR to do a deal on a rifle.

Though I can't figure out WHY you would want to go to Tropics Pawn in Vancouver, WA.......since the subject is about a pistol (assuming that you're an OR resident). Unless (in the past) you we're making a purchase of a rifle.

But whatever.....it's your gas/deal.

Aloha, Mark

PS....oh wait a second.
sarcasm_detector.jpg

Mind you that I've driven many times to OR to do a deal on a rifle.

Though I can't figure out WHY you would want to go to Tropics Pawn in Vancouver, WA.......since the subject is about a pistol (assuming that you're an OR resident). Unless (in the past) you we're making a purchase of a rifle.

But whatever.....it's your gas/deal.

Aloha, Mark

PS....oh wait a second.
View attachment 1096701
When I sell guns on here (doesn't matter long or handgun) some have sold to members in WA. I give the buyer the option of shipping to their FFL or driving them to an FFL. Usually if I drive a gun up I do the transfer at Tropics on NE HWY 99. In all the past occasions my buyers have lived in Vantuckey. All deals went off without a hitch. Not trying to confuse the OP but there are safe & legal ways to work with members across states lines. So that's just how I do it. 👍

Hello,

I am new here and looking to sell a pistol. However, I am scared I will get scammed if I ship it out. Does anyone have any recommendations on avoiding scammers?

Thanks,

Eric
Get the money, all of it, up front. That means your price plus any shipping, insurance and any fees due on your end. Get them ALL up front, before you ship.
if buyer doesn't like it, he pays return shipping and you refund upon receipt. Keeping a percentage of the price for your time and effort is optional but be sure to state that up front before you send the gun out. OR State clearly that the gun is sold As Is" No returns
Make sure the buyer knows all of your terms AND accepts them before you say "Sold!"
Good luck

I've run into two situations where buyers sent me a check, and another sent me a USPS money order. In both cases you need to wait until your bank fully clears the money transfer. This can take up to a week, with the buyer breathing down your neck.

Thats why a FTF cash exchange has its advantages.

Another thing to think about: What if dude fails his background check? You'll get to take a car ride to Olympia to get your gun or pay shipping and transfer to get your gun back. This is why I don't sell handguns outside my hometown unless I really know someone.

FYI, Olympia has great dining options if you do end up coming up here. Taco Bell, McDonalds, Burger King, Carl's Jr.

Another thing to think about: What if dude fails his background check? You'll get to take a car ride to Olympia to get your gun or pay shipping and transfer to get your gun back. This is why I don't sell handguns outside my hometown unless I really know someone.

FYI, Olympia has great dining options if you do end up coming up here. Taco Bell, McDonalds, Burger King, Carl's Jr.
Yeah Taco Bell a good place to meet 😀

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR