JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm on order for the PS4 and wondering a few things:

A- is online game okay still going to be free (I hate paying for my 360 "Live" account)

B- will accounts playing battlefield 4 on PS4 only work other PS4 players or will this be combined with PS3 players playing BF4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

A - You will have to sign up for a PS Plus account. I don't know how much it will cost, but you will have to pay with the new PS4.

B - PS4 and PS3 games will be separate online. This is for two reasons. The first being that the ps3 and ps4 will be using different networks, the second being is that Sony wants you to upgrade. This is the same reason they ditched the backwards compatibility in the later ps3 systems.

Despite this, the PS4 is still the obvious choice above the new Xbox ONE.
And this is coming from a person who LOVES his xbox360 and gave away his ps3.
I had high hopes for the next xbox, but those have been dashed.

Slowly but surely, microsoft has chased me away from their products.

The system architecture of the PS3 and PS4 are going to be completely different, that's why there will be no cross compatibility. It would be like trying to talk to someone holding a tin can from your cell phone. As far as the network, as MrNiceGuy said, you will have to pay for playstation plus. However, don't feel you're getting shafted. It has, for the PS3, been one of the best bargains around. You get full games monthly, completely free. If you had paid for it all of 2012, you'd of saved 2400 dollars for the year, downloading all of the freebies. Xbox live was just pay-to-play, whereas Playstation plus offered real and tangible benefits.

Happy Gaming!

The system architecture of the PS3 and PS4 are going to be completely different, that's why there will be no cross compatibility. It would be like trying to talk to someone holding a tin can from your cell phone. As far as the network, as MrNiceGuy said, you will have to pay for playstation plus. However, don't feel you're getting shafted. It has, for the PS3, been one of the best bargains around. You get full games monthly, completely free. If you had paid for it all of 2012, you'd of saved 2400 dollars for the year, downloading all of the freebies. Xbox live was just pay-to-play, whereas Playstation plus offered real and tangible benefits.

Happy Gaming!

Just FYI Xbox just instituted a "Game with Gold" program. Two free games a month for Gold members. I downloaded assassin's creed 2 a week ago, but haven't played it. I am a PC gamer primarily.

Just FYI Xbox just instituted a "Game with Gold" program. Two free games a month for Gold members. I downloaded assassin's creed 2 a week ago, but haven't played it. I am a PC gamer primarily.

I started off with both consoles. When my second Xbox blew up, I was pretty much done. That said, two powerhouse companies trying to one up each other can only be good for us gamers.

I've built plenty of PCs for friends and family who really wanted them. That said, I hate the arms race. I know I can buy one console and be good for 6+years of no fiddling. I buy a PC and two years later I need to upgrade, or future proof by building a 2k computer up front.

I have college to worry about, I can't be a system builder year round:p

I have spent too much of my life playing damn games. About the only one left that I still go back to is Tiger Woods 12 vs a friend head to head online.

Sorry I have Mission X.

004.jpg

I think Microsoft got a little too "ambitious" with features on the Xbox one.

Ambitious is a very polite way of putting it. Orwellian and anti-consumer were more along the lines I was thinking.

They had the next gen console market all but sewn up... then they got "ambitious" and pissed it all away.

I'm glad they came to their senses on most of their policies, but I still won't buy one as long as having the kinect attached is required to run the system. It's a shame too. I was REALLY looking forward to Dead Rising 3.

I'm just glad Sony learned from the ps3 launch as I've felt that the system and content were more consumer friendly, but Xbox beat them out the gate and cheaper too. I have nothing to hide but just the thought of the kinect being mandatory for the Xbox gives me the willies.

So how many of you preordered? I was away on work and missed all of the online availability of it (recently). Sorry to bring back an old thread, but it seemed goofy to make a new one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top