JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BHR with the closest thing to her nemesis HMS Serapis (a 50-gun Portland rather than a 44-gun Roebuck) in our catalog, and a credit card for scale.

20200213_193213.jpg

All these computer geeks on a gun forum. I am still fighting to avoid changing over to Windows 10.

We do have a Wii that comes out once in a blue moon.

I am looking for Bridge players.:cool:

I used to build RC cars from scraps. Took my build to school thinking I was SO cool, well, my crush literally said aloud, 'NERD!' and the class laughed. That stung!! Not sure how long it too for me to cease that hobby but I did build a water cooling motherboard gamer tower in college, and I am not a gamer. It was so colourful, and when the girls came to my off-campus apartment, I would turn off the lights and they were not saying NERD but COOL, BUILD ME ONE! I had a lot of fun with those girls! :D

Reading through these post, I am out of touch with the lingo, much like us docs speaking med speak. :s0140:

Now, the only nerdy thing I do is explain brain problems and talk guns.

The woman joked I needed a 3rd monitor so I bought it and a second desk for my 1X just so I could play CoD set up. Nothing professional looking just a cheap plastic folding desk. I dig the ghetto look tbh.

Thinking about applying a NWFA clan tag just so we can maybe find each other in game if you play.

Oh ya forgot I also like to shoot my gats and autistically clean and service them. Weird how video games drove my love for firearms but my first interaction was learning to fire a 12g pump Remington when I was 4 or 5 with my pops help bracing. Oh ya I also love throwing lights on them and switching my carry based on numerous conditions and factors.

Still got my old systems and enhancements so I can play them on modern displays in not crap quality. The woman is also into it though she doesn't play much I was able to coach her thru updating MW the other night for season 2 so I didn't have to update after work haha. We're both dorks and I love it.

I cant imagine actually running into another with a NWFA tag on COD, but ill slap one on there.

Thats about the only "nerdy" thing im doing inless you count my wife's opinion. Butbthats gun related...so....

What? Fantasizing about being a troll or a sorcerer or some other BS never interested me.

I prefer reality. As in REAL females.

Lighten up everyone, don't go turning me into a horny toad or anything. Wait, on second thought.......

:s0140:

So do I its a fun game to play with my girlfriend and friends if you want to be a dick do it somewhere else.

A REAL dick or a made up one on playing cards? :rolleyes:

Funny how I'm not the only one to poke fun at this topic but yet you call ME a dick.

I'm out.

Good call. Windows 7 was the last good version. I've since switched to Mac.
I gave up and caved on 10 since all the newer hardware requires it unfortunately, plus the work PC had it so I got to tinker with it. I do miss 7 tho and mostly XP that was THE best one.

No, 1/1000-scale miniature of John Paul Jones's Bonhomme Richard that against all odds I snuck through the back door and got into production. The ship and its base are about as long as a finger.

I had absolutely NO IDEA that they could mold plastic sails ONE THOUSAND times bigger than that back then!

:s0108:

7 was great I only upgraded early last year because I knew support was ending.
You can get ryzen and I think newer Intel CPU to work with 7 but there will also be problems with other things like GPU Mobo ram not being compatible with drives so unless you want a config nightmare it's unfortunate but easier to just cave to win10. It's not as bad as some claim but the telemetry and forced updates are lame. Though you could get Win10 LTSB (same ones companies use) so you don't get the forced updates etc.

Otherwise it is more efficient on the new hardware tbh. I know win7 life support is coming to an end soon so you won't be able to get much support from it.

You can get ryzen and I think newer Intel CPU to work with 7 but there will also be problems with other things like GPU Mobo ram not being compatible with drives so unless you want a config nightmare it's unfortunate but easier to just cave to win10. It's not as bad as some claim but the telemetry and forced updates are lame. Though you could get Win10 LTSB (same ones companies use) so you don't get the forced updates etc.

Otherwise it is more efficient on the new hardware tbh. I know win7 life support is coming to an end soon so you won't be able to get much support from it.
back then I was running a 4790k and was loving 7 but vulkan API support was too tempting.

I was all tore up with RC flying a few years ago (quads, planes, and a helo).

Nerdy enough, I suppose, but to build confidence and develop thumb skills, I installed a couple different flight simulators on my laptop. Sitting on my butt at the kitchen table, I learned to perform aerobatics like rolls, loops, top hats and inverted flight without having to replace/rebuild a shattered bird every time I augered in. Good way also to maintain current skills when Oregon wind, rain, icy cold and darkness descend upon the hobby like a depressing months-long disease.

That all got shoved aside with marriage, moving, buying/selling a house, remodeling, learning to weld, vacations and my ongoing life-long passion for guitar. Still got all the birds and remotes. I should probably go make sure the batteries aren't fuzzy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top