JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was all tore up with RC flying a few years ago (quads, planes, and a helo).

Nerdy enough, I suppose, but to build confidence and develop thumb skills, I installed a couple different flight simulators on my laptop. Learned to perform aerobatics like rolls, loops, top hats and inverted flight without having to replace/rebuild a shattered bird every time I augered in. Good way also to maintain current skills when wind, rain, icy cold and darkness descend upon the hobby like a depressing months-long disease.

That all got shoved aside with marriage, moving, buying/selling a house, remodeling, learning to weld and my ongoing life-long passion for guitar. Still got all the birds and remotes. I should probably go make sure the batteries aren't fuzzy.
yeah I lucked into having a girlfriend who is also a nerd so we still find time to do nerd stuff like dnd together. Unfortunately shes not super into gun stuff.

Table top stuff never interested me beyond playing boardgames with Grandma as a kid.

Been thru a few table top places and good Lord the smell.....not saying the console peasants are any better but damn...

I know people to this day who still play cardboard crack who are married with kids(s). Also blew me away when I seen hot gals more on the gaming side beyond being booth babes at E3 but actually in the community. See it a ton online. Sadly I can't say the same for table toppers.

Table top stuff never interested me beyond playing boardgames with Grandma as a kid.

Been thru a few table top places and good Lord the smell.....not saying the console peasants are any better but damn...

I know people to this day who still play cardboard crack who are married with kids(s). Also blew me away when I seen hot gals more on the gaming side beyond being booth babes at E3 but actually in the community. See it a ton online. Sadly I can't say the same for table toppers.
yeah some places need to enforce hygiene standards been to a few local shops where some of the tables were lets say less than choice smelling. All the more reason to play with people you know.

Heck yea man.

Here's the rig that I finished up last year:

IMG_5501-2.JPG

And this is shortly after moving into a new house, hadn't quite got the desk situation under control:

IMG_5015-2.JPG

Also enjoy MtG, board games in general, and consoles. Just got done playing Ocarina of Time on the DS for the nostalgia.

I have Philips Hue lights in most of the house and am working on an app to turn the Kano Harry Potter Wand into a controller for them. Once I get that done, I'll load it up onto a Raspberry Pi and mount it somewhere out of the way. After that: Controlling the lights in the house with a freakin' wand. Hell yea. That nerdy enough?

Ive seen a surprising amount of female players get into tabletop stuff after Critical role kind of blew up.

Never got into the whole video game craze in the eighties I was also too busy with sex, drugs, rock and roll, working on cars, hunting, shooting and having a job. Back in 80 or 81 when they first got computers in school they were just oddities and didn't really have to use one until around 98 for work but what I said in 80 still holds true "to err is human to royally F up takes a computer". I'm old school and still have a flip phone so what do I know.......

Heck yea man.

Here's the rig that I finished up last year:

View attachment 659798

And this is shortly after moving into a new house, hadn't quite got the desk situation under control:

View attachment 659797

Also enjoy MtG, board games in general, and consoles. Just got done playing Ocarina of Time on the DS for the nostalgia.

I have Philips Hue lights in most of the house and am working on an app to turn the Kano Harry Potter Wand into a controller for them. Once I get that done, I'll load it up onto a Raspberry Pi and mount it somewhere out of the way. After that: Controlling the lights in the house with a freakin' wand. Hell yea. That nerdy enough?
Thats amazing I was looking at those kits but between work hunting and my hobbies I dont have time to learn to code right now.

Thats amazing I was looking at those kits but between work hunting and my hobbies I dont have time to learn to code right now.

Well, someone did most of the work with the wand - they wrote a module in Python that you can use to interact with it. My only problem is I don't speak Python and don't know Linux...so it's been a lot of new learning for me. Once I get it done, I'll probably throw my code up on GitHub and just pass it out to make other's lives easier.

I got excited about doing the same thing for the Star Wars kit they have...but that one doesn't have the head start of a Python module...so I'll wait until someone else does the heavy lifting for me ;-).

Well, someone did most of the work with the wand - they wrote a module in Python that you can use to interact with it. My only problem is I don't speak Python and don't know Linux...so it's been a lot of new learning for me. Once I get it done, I'll probably throw my code up on GitHub and just pass it out to make other's lives easier.

I got excited about doing the same thing for the Star Wars kit they have...but that one doesn't have the head start of a Python module...so I'll wait until someone else does the heavy lifting for me ;-).
hell if I can turn my lights on with a wand sign me up

Never got into the whole video game craze in the eighties I was also too busy with sex, drugs, rock and roll, working on cars, hunting, shooting and having a job. Back in 80 or 81 when they first got computers in school they were just oddities and didn't really have to use one until around 98 for work but what I said in 80 still holds true "to err is human to royally F up takes a computer". I'm old school and still have a flip phone so what do I know.......
Hell I still had a flip phone until 2011.

My nerdy hobbies, chess, coin collecting, rock hounding, looking through one of my 3 telescopes. I once played my share of digitized games, but then 3 kids happened.

1/32 military models , that is....:D
Andy
1/48, before the damn tremors... I liked being able to use O Scale model-railroad accessories with them. (Smaller scales for the big birds... gotta love the sheer presence of a B-52 or B-36 in 1/72.)

If I could find a source for the Japanese 1/700 ones in bulk--they're only 2 per box with a ton of smaller birds--and if my hands ever cooperate again, someday I'd like to put together a display board with one B-17 from every squadron in the 8th Air Force...

When I was a kid I was into chess. (Even made it to Oregon state tourney when I was 12 but skipped it for a wrestling tournament the same day DOH!!) I was also really into astronomy. Sadly my life was hectic and very unstable so never did anything with either until the last couple years. Picked up chess again, teaching friends children as well as my own. Also trying real hard to get my sons into astronomy, we spend long nights with our telescope.

Never understood how D&D or other nerdy stuff was supposed to equal unending virginity. I started gaming when I was maybe 5 or 6, started getting laid at 16, and only gave up gaming in the last 5 years. Still screwing though...

Back to topic, I keep getting told to do 5th edition stuff, but I refuse. 1st edition was good enough for me. I seasoned it with 2nd, and added house rules that became common in 3rd. But I'll never buy I to the high fantasy, video game luke, anime infested, pile of virtue signaling, SJW popularity token bandwagon that is the current state of D&D.

FB_IMG_1581690422773.jpg FB_IMG_1581690427971.jpg FB_IMG_1581690433923.jpg

I wish I knew what vid games would play on the windows 10 I was forced to buy when my Win 7 computers mother board died. This HP, whatever, says "gaming computer" but it won't play the game I liked to play, Bioshock 1 and 2, from what I read. With out doing a bunch of stuff I don't understand.

Wanna be more nerdy, but not smart enough. :( I tried to load, I think the original, Call of Duty on this new puter and it didn't work.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top