JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just learned about this website from searching on google about the range closure up near Stevenson, WA. Its too bad. This was a very clean range the few times I went up there. I did notice the last time I was up there in June that there was a little trash build up. I have always packed out my garbage. I take a nice home made wooden stand with paper targets and always take my brass with me.

So now I am looking for new places to go. I would like to find places near Stevenson, WA or Sandy, OR. I only shoot maybe 4-8 rounds when I go. Normally it is just to verify the scope for hunting season. So paying for a gun club is not worth it. I need to find a place soon as hunting season is getting close. My father and I used to go up Lolo pass rd near Mt Hood. But what I read is that too has been closed. Id like to find something with fairly easy access.

Thanks for any ideas

ask around town. somebody there should be able to point you in the proper direction. however, if they're like many others and i, and are sick of places being closed due to other people's negligence, they might be unwilling to tell you where exactly it is. best thing i would recommend is go on google maps, and scan around for any possible open pits that you might find by scanning the overhead satellite views.

Problem with that is you don't necessarily know if they are closed to shooting until you get there. And doing that could be a lot more work. Thanks for your input though. And I agree... I never liked telling random people where our other shooting locations were. Its bad enough we had people who drop their trash their. Had a couple times where I picked up 2-3 bags of trash just to try and keep it clean. In the end those places still were closed.

you could always go to larch mountain in washington. i've gone there two times. it was two times too many! that place is a magnet for morons who should not own any firearms. if you do go up there, there are at least 2 shooting pits. one is on the south face of the mountain. the other one is directly north of it, up a steep dirt road. you'll also need the crappy discover pass.

So now I am looking for new places to go. I would like to find places near Stevenson, WA or Sandy, OR. I only shoot maybe 4-8 rounds when I go. Normally it is just to verify the scope for hunting season. So paying for a gun club is not worth it. I need to find a place soon as hunting season is getting close. My father and I used to go up Lolo pass rd near Mt Hood. But what I read is that too has been closed. Id like to find something with fairly easy access.

Thanks for any ideas

I can help if you need locations. PM me for details. Clean up yours and others garbage before you leave.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top