JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know of anywhere personally, but you might find somewhere in the Resource Guide.

If you are also considering joining a club or range, ARPC in Albany may be worthwhile. We were members there when we lived in N Salem, near Keizer. Bit of a further haul for you.

Excellent club, open to all disciplines, great accessible hours. Open all year etc.

Miss shooting after sunset, as our current club doesn't allow such due to the lease.

Personal security benefits aside (particularly these days), clubs also offer the opportunity to socialize if you so wish.

If you are also considering joining a club or range, ARPC in Albany may be worthwhile. We were members there when we lived in N Salem, near Keizer. Bit of a further haul for you
I've looked into the Albany gun club, there is also a 4 corners rod and gun club about 5 miles East of Lancaster mall, that's one I plannon joining when I have the time too, probably after I get married.

ARPC is awesome! I joined over a year ago and have nothing but positive things to say about it. It's about an hour commute for me. But so was driving to find a safe place in the forest.

I've looked into the Albany gun club, there is also a 4 corners rod and gun club about 5 miles East of Lancaster mall, that's one I plannon joining when I have the time too, probably after I get married.

Never been to Rod & Gun, so no opinion.

Make sure whichever club you do end up joining allows for what you have, or may have future interest(s) in.

Some may not allow practical practice at all, some may only offer limited practical practice (draw from holster only, static), no offhand rifle/carbine, as oversimplified examples.

Again, no idea on Rod & Gun. Well worth a look for sure though given location. However don't fall into a trap of convenience, over reinforcing better skills.

Never been to Rod & Gun, so no opinion.

Make sure whichever club you do end up joining allows for what you have, or may have future interest(s) in.

Some may not allow practical practice at all, some may only offer limited practical practice (draw from holster only, static), no offhand rifle/carbine, as oversimplified examples.

Again, no idea on Rod & Gun. Well worth a look for sure though given location. However don't fall into a trap of convenience, over reinforcing better skills.

Only thing I don't like about the 4 corners club is the mag restrictions of 5 for rifle and 10 for pistols, no rapid fire.

So my binary trigger is out (not that I use it much at considering ammo cost). Max range they have is 200yds, same as the Albany gun club. Range is fine except for my new rifle on the way, I hear some people say to zero it at 500yds, 50bmg.

4 corners is smaller, less expensive in some regards, and only 5 minutes drive from home vs Albany is further...

Haven't applied to either one yet, may just do the Albany one for the reason of Binary but the 5 minute drive appeals for quick trips out...

All the local cool guys go and shoot in the hills up above Scotts Mills... ;)
Could you maybe drop a couple pins on a map? I have been up there looking around and the Mines I have found are privately owned. The other two I have found are usually frequented by families looking to dig up shale rocks.

Trying to find a place to get my son out with his CM to get sighted in.

TIA

I live in Woodburn as well. There are a couple of places just off the Molalla River that are about 30-45 minutes drive to go shooting. One that I used for a long time only seems to be open during hunting season, but the other one that's a bit further out I've never seen closed.

That being said, I've not been out to either in several years since joining DRRC so I don't know the exact situation that is going on there.

Could you maybe drop a couple pins on a map? I have been up there looking around and the Mines I have found are privately owned. The other two I have found are usually frequented by families looking to dig up shale rocks.

Trying to find a place to get my son out with his CM to get sighted in.

TIA
(44.9402926, -122.5588615)

Google maps…. You'll need a vehicle with a bit of off-road capability, nothing major just don't try to get in there in a Toyota Tercel or something… LOL

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top