JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What have you used for EDC?
Which ones are good?
What to steer away from?

I'm planning on carrying a Glock double stack .45 in either 10 or 13rd capacity.
I just ordered a neomag.
Will report back with my impression after I receive it.

I've considered the horizontal holster's.
Great suggestion.
In my opinion, it's "the way." Because you can bend and it does not inhibit natural movement, and it keeps pockets free for everyday life items.

I'm wearing one right now with a G17 mag. But I order the G20/21 size mag ones because they work better not being super tight.

I'm a big fan of Vertx pants. Multiple extra pockets for a flashlight and magazines.

I've been running a NeoMag for the past few months. I'm a huge fan. I thought it was going to be a gimmick but it's actually pretty useful.

FB6DEE7B-8FDB-4FCE-AD81-228E5242C512.jpeg 463B0FC3-CF7C-45BB-AE73-E828A4F541F3.jpeg

Is that a sleeve you have on your magazine?
I'd like to use a larger capacity mag with an X-grip sleeve as a backup. I'm thinking of cutting a notch on one side of the X-grip to allow for a "deeper carry" along with the longer Neomag pocket clip.

Is that a sleeve you have on your magazine?
I'd like to use a larger capacity mag with an X-grip sleeve as a backup. I'm thinking of cutting a notch on one side of the X-grip to allow for a "deeper carry" along with the longer Neomag pocket clip.
Its a zev tech +4 base plate. So I have 17+1 in the gun and a 21 round mag in my pocket.

Mine is a Glock 30SF nine rd mag and a Glock 21 thirteen rd backup with the X-grip sleeve.
.45cal
I have never found a way to comfortably carry an extra mag inside the waistband. Even with the sidecar style appendix holsters. They do make horizontal owb holsters that are pretty comfortable. I actually use the blue force gear sling https://www.blueforcegear.com/sling-sleeve.html to carry a mag on my belt at times as well as the TQ I carry in my back pocket everyday.

F13B4E69-CD21-454C-88B3-E370E30728AE.jpeg

Mine is a Glock 30SF nine rd mag and a Glock 21 thirteen rd backup with the X-grip sleeve.
.45cal
I received my Neomag. Simple design with smart engineering.
I had a concern that carrying the extended magazine with an X-grip sleeve would expose the mag base plate. So I ordered the XL clip.
The baseplate was still exposed. This may be a non-issue for some but it is for me.
So I decided to get handy with a a Dremel rotary tool to achieve a deeper carry. It took about 20 minutes.
My first time using the Dremel, I think it cleaned up nicely.

1364DCCF-B66C-496C-8AB0-196766B81A57.jpeg FA7823DC-122F-4D22-8990-020272854020.jpeg B9A8CBC1-E0DB-4825-80F2-27C2F45CD36C.jpeg 6F96FA19-81C6-4DB6-AA74-CFE5A6BB709A.jpeg 4CB14782-B097-428B-9A39-E9CB61DEE4A9.jpeg 5A0983B6-1D15-423D-B14D-FB1BFF23EAC0.jpeg

I had a concern that carrying the extended magazine with an X-grip sleeve would expose the mag base plate. So I ordered the XL clip.
The baseplate was still exposed. This may be a non-issue for some but it is for me.
So I decided to get handy with a a Dremel rotary tool to achieve a deeper carry. It took about 20 minutes.

View attachment 1232083 View attachment 1232084 View attachment 1232086 View attachment 1232087 View attachment 1232088 View attachment 1232089
Looks good. Let us know how you end up liking it.

View attachment 1232083 View attachment 1232084 View attachment 1232086 View attachment 1232087 View attachment 1232088 View attachment 1232089
I run an extended baseplate on mine as well, and ran into the same issue with the neomag. If you haven't already, consider picking up a Raven Concealment Pocket Shield and giving that a try. It's basically a flexible plastic mounting platform for your pants pocket that gives each piece of gear a consistent place to sit while obscuring the outline of those items (i.e. pocket bulge).

I mounted my neomag to it, and it sits lower in the pocket while still being very accessible. I initially found that the neomag would slide around on the pocket shield, so I used the provided mounting hardware to hold it in place, and that took care of the problem. You'll also want to bend the pocket shield like you would curve the bill of a baseball cap. You can use a rubber band and let it sit overnight so the curve is more aggressive and conforms more to your leg shape. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's worth trying out.

Raven Concealment Systems Moduloader Pocket Shield, Black https://a.co/hfreEeS

20220711_001541.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads