JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have LONG been over the top careful about this, selling a vehicle to someone. An amazing number of people end up "on the hook" because they sell a vehicle, pocket the cash, and just forget all about it. Then are shocked when all of a sudden they have to prove it was not them who had the thing LONG after.
Long ago gal I worked with bought a car from "family". They paid, then family wanted to be a Richard, would not give up title. Thought they could extort more cash. Car was of little value by then so I told her if it was worth walking away she could make them VERY sorry. She took the car into the next county, parked it in a handicap spot and left it. Many months later it was sold at auction for a fraction of the cast owed for towing, fines, storage and such. They came after the registered owners and ended up garnishing wages to get the money which by then got huge. Be careful when you sell a vehicle people. Be very careful who you go out of your way to screw over too. :D

and keep a copy of the bill of sale.
Yes this too!
My car i sold that replaced said 92 astro was also a beater, the guy who bought it didnt register it either. Guess who got the red light ticket about 6 months later.
Youd figure the damn courts could access the records themselves but they cant be bothered with such triffles. So they try and make YOU prove you actually filed the report of sale. Which I did of course. You file them all online nowadays and i had a email receipt and the paper somewhere but im messy and it took me a while to find it and or realize i could just search my email inbox.

I was just telling them to pound sand for a while. I friggin HATE passionately those red light cams. which are illegal, dont ever pay one, even if they have your pic just send them a note in writing amd again keep a copy saying it wasnt you you dont know who it was, and politely point out its not your job to do their job for them. They need to serve the tickets on the drivers.
Its a scam. Look it up.

I sold a car recently, left the plates on, and the new owner drove it to Texas. On the way he drove through a toll booth without paying. It took months of paperwork for them to accept it wasn't me and that I no longer even owned the car. Next time I may not give away the tags with the car.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top