JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was outrageous and unconstitutional back then! What is happening this time is all of that and also logistically impossible IMHO.
I think it is down to timelines now and a few lawsuit related unknowns. Fe How soon will the brace rule be enjoined? How soon will pending applications be finalized? When will the brace rule be thrown out in court? Also what will atf do with pending applications if it's enjoined? Etc. Lots of unknowns.

I say stick to the big picture stuff and figure out what factors are important to you. Fe if don't want to register a gun with atf is #1 factor for you, don't do it or only do some of them.

If ability to call it a pistol is critical in your state for concealed or car carry is #1 factor for you, act accordingly (but note you can make it no longer a sbr simply be removing brace/stock and then you can put it back on later).

There are many other similar factors to consider and I won't list all here cuz would take too long. I say look at the big factors for you, and act (or not) accordingly and the timelines, lawsuits, will work themselves out without any action or even attention on your part. I do believe donating to GOA and the other effective legal outfits defending 2A can make a big difference if a lot of people help a little bit.

Last Edited:
Pinged for interest...

My comment on websites is that no matter how well funded, any business will utilize the least capable and cost effective infrastructure to accomplish any given task.
Government or mega-corp be no exception!

I have a serious question.

How can any of the NFA categories be "dangerous and unusual " when right there on the ATF E-Forms site, there is a button for "Tax Exempt for law enforcement, " and similar (acting on behalf of agency or agencies, etc)? :rolleyes:

If LEOs can have whatever NFA items, then Johnny Q Public ought to be afforded the same.

I have a serious question.

How can any of the NFA categories be "dangerous and unusual " when right there on the ATF E-Forms site, there is a button for "Tax Exempt for law enforcement, " and similar (acting on behalf of agency or agencies, etc)? :rolleyes:

If LEOs can have whatever NFA items, then Johnny Q Public ought to be afforded the same.
Are you venting or do you want some sort of cobbled together empathetic explanation?

Actually that's not a bad idea :s0140:

Tell the "DEFUND THE POLICE" people that LEOs have better access to "dangerous and unusual weapons" that the citizens font, and therefore outgun BIPOC and ordinary people... :s0140: see how quick they are to denounce that tax exempt thing

Actually that's not a bad idea :s0140:

Tell the "DEFUND THE POLICE" people that LEOs have better access to "dangerous and unusual weapons" that the citizens font, and therefore outgun BIPOC and ordinary people... :s0140: see how quick they are to denounce that tax exempt thing
They would just use our tax money to pay for it . ATF gets the tax money, kind of like recycling

Interesting tidbit.

I guess the FRAC lawsuit is mainly PSA backed. Very cool!

Another tidbit from shotshow being that CMMG has also decided to step up and join the pistol brace lawsuits. It's nice to see some industry heavy hitters get more proactive in the 2A battle.

Has anyone with an arm disability considered filing suit under ADA ( Americans with Disabilities Act)?
Besides, the fact, no one uses them like that, there's nothing in the ADA about Firearms. If there were the ATF is giving the provision to get a free stamp AND theres still a way to keep an approved brace. Note that most braces are not approved .

Another good breakdown of the FRAC ATF case. (AKA 26 state lawsuit)

I think this guy is a pretty reliable and accurate resource to get NW and National firearms legislation and litigation news, compliance issues and (generally) reasonable and informed commentary re possible outcomes.

Last Edited:
Ouch! Bend over alphabet! 12 U.S. Congressmen and 21 members of the House filed an amicus brief in the FRAC case against the pistol brace rule. Very powerful language. On top of the 26 state AG's amicus... here's hoping the final rules days are shortly numbered.

Go to 0:39-0:50 time slot... :s0140::s0140::s0140:
Did you note the 5:04-5:14 Hogg dig.... after his twitter temper tantrum the other day saying it was confined to the militia... "national guard" only?

That boy done dove off the deep end without a noodle cap. ;)

Oh yeah... I almost forgot he got fact checked hard on that by ol'Elon and the twitter crew.

Did you note the 5:04-5:14 Hogg dig.... after his twitter temper tantrum the other day saying it was confined to the militia... "national guard" only?

That boy done dove off the deep end without a noodle cap. ;)

Oh yeah... I almost forgot he got fact checked hard on that by ol'Elon and the twitter crew.
I did catch that but haven't seen the Hogg squeal his nonsense.

I did catch that but haven't seen the Hogg squeal his nonsense.
It was pretty hilarious. Spouting off about how if some gun nut killed him for saying what he was saying to drop his dead body off at the doorstep of the NRA headquarters... and posted the addresss for reference. :s0140:

Quite unhinged trying to make himself somehow "relevant" again, I guess(?)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top